• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2013-2014 Fantasy Football Thread

Calvin made my lineup choice for a league a bit difficult this morning.

Gordon and Marshall definitely starting as WRs, Jamaal definitely starting as RB1. This left me with Knowshon, Le'Veon Bell and Calvin to fill my RB2 and flex spot.

Was planning on starting LeVeon over Knowshon but due to game times, had to start Knowshon and keep Bell available in case Calvin can't play. Otherwise, I'd have to start Andre Brown in my flex.

Now, have the decision of Bell vs Calvin. Really, really considering starting Bell due to snowy weather (see: Week 14), higher floor than Calvin, GB has been horrible against run with Flynn, and now of course the Calvin injury.

#NonnyOverthinksLineup

Brees... 13 fantasy points
Cousins... 12 fantasy points

I AM A FUCKING GENIUS

Up late, but my opponent has 3 Lions in OT, so I am expecting some improbable dagger.

I'm up 11.

I have Marshall and Dawson (SF kicker) to go. He has Forte and Stephen Jackson to go.

COME ON CUTLER! Just throw it to Brandon!

Going on a cruise and I want them duckets to play poker!

I'm leading by 31 with Cutler, McCoy, and Dawson left. My opponent has Foles and DJax remaining. Something really stupid has to happen for me to lose.

Calvin made my lineup choice for a league a bit difficult this morning.

Gordon and Marshall definitely starting as WRs, Jamaal definitely starting as RB1. This left me with Knowshon, Le'Veon Bell and Calvin to fill my RB2 and flex spot.

Was planning on starting LeVeon over Knowshon but due to game times, had to start Knowshon and keep Bell available in case Calvin can't play. Otherwise, I'd have to start Andre Brown in my flex.

Now, have the decision of Bell vs Calvin. Really, really considering starting Bell due to snowy weather (see: Week 14), higher floor than Calvin, GB has been horrible against run with Flynn, and now of course the Calvin injury.

#NonnyOverthinksLineup

Good thing I took the time to think through my lineup rather than just throwing Calvin in there because he's a stud. Right, Irish?

Believed in Bell having the higher floor with the guaranteed touches and went with it. Paid off. Now for my boy Dawson to bring home the championship tomorrow night.

Wait... you sat Calvin?

Because your earlier post made it sound like you would only play Bell if Calvin was inactive.

Held on by 5. Detroit imploding offset the late Bell TD.

Up 16 with Dawson to kick for SF tomorrow night and he has S. Jackson going.

GIMME MY BACK-TO-BACK CHAMPIONSHIP

Good thing I took the time to think through my lineup rather than just throwing Calvin in there because he's a stud. Right, Irish?

Believed in Bell having the higher floor with the guaranteed touches and went with it. Paid off. Now for my boy Dawson to bring home the championship tomorrow night.

Haha, you're such a sensitive Sally about your fantasy sports. You started Pittsburgh's workhorse - what a genius move!

CHAMPIONSHIP

Already had it locked up going in to SNF, McCoy just rubbed it in. Helps that I went against Ryan Tannehill in the finals.

I only play in one league and this is my first championship since '05. Went to the finals the last two years and lost so this win is really, really satisfying. I join the elite club of two-time winners.

I have the championship in the bag in my NFL league. I'm up 53 and still have Dawson left to play while my opponent is done. The margin would had been worse if I didn't decide to bench Decker for Edelman at the last minute.

In my ESPN league, I'm losing and won't catch up unless Crabs has a monster game. No hope for that and I'm not worried about it. This league was an auto-draft league and I won the championship the first year I played which was cool but not near as satisfying as winning the championship in my NFL league.

1 championship, 2 3rd place finishes. I had the most points in 2 of my 7 leagues so I was hoping for a better showing in the playoffs. With the Pit league I made the most of player match-ups but I knew I had no shot at the crown. Josh Gordon in two leagues was my best draft call and I had a lot of bad picks (TRich) but thankfully I didn't have any bad draft picks cost me in multiple leagues. Holding onto Harvin was a risk but I don't regret it. I was really good with waiver pick-ups this year (Moreno, Stacy, K. Allen, J. Thomas saved a lot of my teams). Stafford in three leagues crushed me in the playoffs and I should have picked up Foles after his breakout game. I'll probably cut it down to 4 or 5 leagues next year.

any chance for any stat corrections? Doesnt matter for me but our championship game is decided by less than half a point and both teams are done.

won my third place game when i picked up Andy Dalton to replace the always-hurt-Aaron-Rodgers. was torn between Flacco, Eli and Dalton for the last game and went with Dalton late. the rare FA move that helped me.

also won my championship game thanks to Garcon, Lesean and Demarco running backwards from the 1 yard line (had him and Romo).

in the (limited) interest of full disclosure, i also finished dead last at work (and it wasn't close) and i think also dead last in the Pit League 2.

Won my league with a week 16 starting line-up of:

1 draft pick - b marshall
1 player acquired via trade - j charles
7 free agent acquisitions- foles, d johnson, a brown, r cooper, hauschka (sp), t gonzalez, Detroit D/ST

Back