• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2013-2014 Fantasy Football Thread

Anyone else thinking about grabbing Dennis Johnson? I have one flex spot in my PPR league and was choosing between Sproles, Ellington, and Woodhead. Sproles has been a non-factor lately it seems and is going up against Carolina. Ellington has been up and down and goes against Seattle. Woodhead has a fine matchup, but everything is Ryan Mathews these days.

Johnson goes up against Denver. Honestly, I'm just looking for the safe 4-5 catches plus yards, with the possibility of a TD obviously. Maybe Johnson is the safe play since he'll see the most snaps and Houston will need to pass?

I'd start Johnson over Sproles and Ellington, for sure. Probably not Woodhead for PPR.

Snapped up Cousins off the wire... now comes 3 days of deciding if I am really going to play him over Drew fucking Brees this week.

I think you have to roll the dice on Brees. Even though the Saints suck on the road, you know he'll wind up with 20 points somehow.

Here's a crazy story. I made the finals in my brother's 12-team work league (he's not a big fantasy player, so I managed his team). 7 of my potential 9 starts in the Championship game will be players I did not draft.

QB Stafford (drafted)
WR Fitzgerald (drafted, may sit)
WR Edelman (FA)
WR Wright (FA)
RB Stacy (FA)
RB Todman (FA)
TE Walker (FA
K Tucker (FA)
D Detroit (FA)

If I don't start Fitz, I may play Andre Caldwell, obviously a FA pickup.

Here's a crazy story. I made the finals in my brother's 12-team work league (he's not a big fantasy player, so I managed his team). 7 of my potential 9 starts in the Championship game will be players I did not draft.

QB Stafford (drafted)
WR Fitzgerald (drafted, may sit)
WR Edelman (FA)
WR Wright (FA)
RB Stacy (FA)
RB Todman (FA)
TE Walker (FA
K Tucker (FA)
D Detroit (FA)

If I don't start Fitz, I may play Andre Caldwell, obviously a FA pickup.
I'm struggling over Fitz vs. Kendall Wright as my WR3. Leaning Wright though Fitz returned to practice today. Good to see you are thinking that way too.
Similar situation here in my 12 team league:
QB: Cutler or Tannehill (both FA)
RB: Charles (drafted #4)
RB: Stacy(FA). Playing him over Chris Johnson
W/T: Garcon (drafted)
W/T: Keenan Allen (FA)
W/T: Kendall Wright (FA)
K : Crosby (drafted)
D: KC (FA)

Rainey, Ridley, Tate or DeAngelo Williams as my 3rd back in the championship game?

Well Tate is on IR now. You can't trust Ridley. I'd probably go with DeAngelo, but Rainey should put up solid numbers, too.

Struggling with my RB choices - I need 3 (unless someone thinks Colston is a better option than the 3rd)

Forte vs Iggles (lock)
Ivory vs Browns
Andre Brown vs Lions
Andre Ellington vs Seahawks
Donald Brown vs Chefs

I have Forte, Ivory & Brown now - I could start a 4th WR or 2nd TE which would be Colston, Boykin, Emmanuel Sanders or Gates

Struggling with my RB choices - I need 3 (unless someone thinks Colston is a better option than the 3rd)

Forte vs Iggles (lock)
Ivory vs Browns
Andre Brown vs Lions
Andre Ellington vs Seahawks
Donald Brown vs Chefs

I have Forte, Ivory & Brown now - I could start a 4th WR or 2nd TE which would be Colston, Boykin, Emmanuel Sanders or Gates

Tough call, but I'd go with Ivory and Colston over Brown. Lions are stout against RBs. Ellington is sick, but it's a terrible matchup and Arians is an idiot when it comes to his irrational love for Mendenhall.

Vereen(BAL) vs. Woodhead(OAK)

Stafford(NYG) vs. Cousins(DAL)

Championship game and I'm torn.

Agree w/ Stafford and Vereen.

Posed this question a few pages ago, still completely uncertain. 0.5 PPR, Edelman, Vereen, or Woodhead?

I'd go in the order listed Slim. Edelman last 4 games: 3 100-yard games, 4 TDs, averaging 9+ recs with at least 6 in each game. Worst yardage game: 64, but had a TD and a 2pt reception in that game.

Been going back and forth with this. Who would you put in your flex: Eric Decker or Julian Edelman?

Decker if standard. Slightly more risk, but he offers a level of upside that Edelman can't match.

PPR. Decker can be hit or miss but so can Edelman. The one time I opted to not play Decker he goes off for 4 TD's. With Welker being out I think Decker is effected more than Gonk being out does for Edelman.

I have resorted to using R. Griffin as my TE this week. Hoping he can put up a couple of points but obviously not expecting too much. But Schaub does love throwing to his TEs.

ffs. I need to make a quick decision to prepare for Calvin potentially not playing.

Start Kirk Cousins or ride Stafford. There are no other non 1pm starting QBs on waiver.

Went with Brees over Cousins.... I just couldn't justify going in the other direction.

Back