• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2013-2014 Fantasy Football Thread

Made it to the finals in one league, knocking off a 12-1 team, and then lost in the semis in another when I ran into the Jamaal Charles/Nick Foles buzzsaw.

Playing HTTD in the championship next week.

Shiva bound, shooting for back-to-back championships in work league after knocking off the #1 overall seed, gratis to Jamaal Charles and Ryan Fitzpatrick. OFY

8 team league, 6 make playoffs.

hahahhahahaha. Why stop at 6?

Do teams 7 and 8 get participation trophies to keep their spirits up?

Eh... I'm in one of those too, though it is essentially just an excuse for some of my out of state friends to come in for a weekend so we can hang out and we do a live draft while they are here. Which indirectly leads to a great story I need to share.

This season, my 6 year old daughter ran a team in my fantasy league. She drafted her own players (with a bit of guidance when to draft and how many to draft of each position) and managed her team (again, with a bit of guidance to explain projections and matchups and so forth). During one of the bye weeks, she needed to pick up a new kicker. We talked about it and she chose Garrett Hartley. I told her that she would have to drop a player to pick him up, and we should probably drop the other kicker. She wasn't having any of that, so I said ok, we'll just drop Hartley after this week. Well, the weeks went by, but she insisted on keeping both kickers, even though she was leaving Hartley in every week. Finally, this week we were setting up her team and I asked her which kicker she wanted in. She said, "Justin Tucker."

She's now in the finals, after being down 8 against Megatron going into last night.

I like my chances to return to the Championship Game...

eu4xf7.jpg

I think I would have just squeaked by you.

We have a couple of common pieces though.

Foles and Charles combined for 94 in mine. That's enough to go .500 in our league without any need for the other 8 players.

Last edited:
Eh... I'm in one of those too, though it is essentially just an excuse for some of my out of state friends to come in for a weekend so we can hang out and we do a live draft while they are here. Which indirectly leads to a great story I need to share.

This season, my 6 year old daughter ran a team in my fantasy league. She drafted her own players (with a bit of guidance when to draft and how many to draft of each position) and managed her team (again, with a bit of guidance to explain projections and matchups and so forth). During one of the bye weeks, she needed to pick up a new kicker. We talked about it and she chose Garrett Hartley. I told her that she would have to drop a player to pick him up, and we should probably drop the other kicker. She wasn't having any of that, so I said ok, we'll just drop Hartley after this week. Well, the weeks went by, but she insisted on keeping both kickers, even though she was leaving Hartley in every week. Finally, this week we were setting up her team and I asked her which kicker she wanted in. She said, "Justin Tucker."

She's now in the finals, after being down 8 against Megatron going into last night.

Your kid sounds badass. Let's get her on the boards, some of the schlubs on here could use some FFL advice

Awesome. Sounds like a story for Matthew Berry's book.

Christ.

Brees AT Carolina or Luck AT Kansas City. What a shitty choice for the championship game.

Cousins. Give you a shitty choice of the Skins QB against your BOYS.

Look at Brees road statistics. Think he hasn't scored 20 points in a game yet (granted two games of 19). And this is also against Carolina D.

Cutler I'm assuming isn't available?

I'll have to think about the others but I just really don't think I'd go Brees.

There are bonus points in my league for 300+ and 400+ passing yards -- not that I think Brees will reach either of those milestones against Carolina. Also bonus points for TD passes over 30 and then double bonus for over 60 yards.

I've put in a claim for Cousins and have a higher waiver number than 2 of the 3 guys still playing (there is a 3rd place matchup), so hopefully I get him and have a decision to make on Sunday.

Re: Brees v. Cousins - all the stats in the world can tell you Cousins over Brees on the road, but do you really want to be benching the Breesus in the Fantasy Super Bowl?

0.5 PPR - Vereen or Edelman at the flex? Or Woodhead? God damn Patriots (and former Patriots, apparently) are always a roll of the dice.

Back