• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2013-2014 Fantasy Football Thread

League 1: Peyton/Demaryius/Allen scored 36 on me. They were projected to score 50. I'll take it. Unfortunately, I had Woodhead, who sucked even in PPR.
League 2: Rivers/Allen scored 30 on me. They were projected 29. It turned out a lot better than it looked at halftime.

14 team PPR league: Who do I go with as my 2 RB?

Andre Brown vs SEA
Ryan Matthews @ DEN (tonight)
Danny Woodhead @ DEN (tonight)

Joique Bell vs. BAL (Monday)

Adrian Peterson vs PHI

Leaning Brown and Woodhead right now, thinking DEN will get up early and SD will have to pass. Really wish this game wasn't until Sunday.
AD's injury knocked me out of the playoffs (would have won with any of my 3 backups), but I still have a shot to get some $ in points, which runs through Week 17.

Tanks for nuttin'.

In the same boat as a lot of you guys: feeling extremely lucky. Was going up against Manning and Decker, only put up 25 combined. To top it off I have Prater. That last third down that Peyton didnt convert was gigantic. Instead of manning probably throwing another TD and hitting the 300 yard bonus, they have to kick a 42 yd field goal and try for the onsides. That was about a 15 point swing right there on that third down.

Also benched Ball. Feeling good.

Had my first draft tonight for a 12-team keeper league. Was able to grab Ray Rice with the 2nd overall pick and trade my 2nd and 3rd round pick for another guy's 1st and 4th which gave me Rodgers in the first round as well. Rest of the roster:

QB: Aaron Rodgers (now worthless)
RB: CJ Spiller (6th round keeper) (dud)
RB: Ray Rice (major dud)
WR: Jordy Nelson
WR: Torrey Smith
Flex: Alfred Morris (17th round keeper)
TE: Gronk (and Zach Sudfeld) (now worthless)
DEF: Rams
Bench: Jennings, FJax, Pierce, LeShoure, Stacy, LaFell, Ryan Williams

Going to be hard to not win this league.

Well, it's been quite the tough year with this team that at one time looked unbeatable.

Drafting FJax saved me early on, and drafting Stacy for keeper value has kept me alive. In the semis this week so we'll see if the dream can stay alive.

Agreed my WRs are a bit weak but after picking Rice with the 2nd overall pick and then trading to grab Rodgers, I would have been left with reaching in the 4th for Hakeem Nicks or Mike Wallace but think Gronk there is far greater playoff upside.

Went WR with 4th, 5th and 7th round picks and could have kept going, but felt I needed to handcuff both Rice and Spiller (in 8th and 9th) as that would have been my only chance to grab them. More important than grabbing Brian Hartline or Denarius Moore.

I'm also going to drop Ryan Williams and grab Roy Helu as it looks like he's emerged as the true back-up, and Williams is very quickly losing favor in Arizona (what little left he had).

Oh how right and wrong I was.

Need to start 2 wide receivers. Who should I choose out of these three? Jacoby Jones against Detroit, Greg Jennings against Philly, and Victor Cruz against Seattle. My gut says Jones and Jennings. Also, in my flex position, should I start Charles Clay against New England, Andre Ellington against Tennessee, or Joique Bell against Baltimore?

For flex, I would go with Clay.

After seeing the weather at Cleveland (20-30 mph winds, snow showers), I am questioning going with Cutler over Tannehill(vs. NE). Thoughts?

Here's my fantasy advice: go pick up Phil Dawson as your kicker if he's available.

Has scored 10+ points in last 5 games, and has week 16 against ATL who gives up the most points to opposing kickers.

I grabbed him in 4 of the 5 leagues I am in last week and I'd guess he's still available in some leagues as people just forget about kickers after their bye.

Good call.

got jamaal charles and the kc defense sending me to my championship game. combined 60 points in the first half...

Back