• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2013 Atlanta Braves NL East Champs OFFSEASON: Cobb County Stadium? What?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody keeping up with the braves playing out west this fall? This La Stella kid is raking. Was hitting .364 before tonight & struck out for the first time tonight. Apparently looks good at 2nd too. Can make the plays.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him at 2nd to start the season.

La Stella has certainly been killing it. I don't have time to look for them now but I've read some interesting articles the last few weeks. First was one arguing that a Carl Crawford for BJ trade would benefit both sides, followed by a similar argument regarding Uggla and Phillips. Read today that Uggla back to Miami could be an option. I also read today that the arbitration calculator spit out an absurd number for Kimbrel that would never be agreed upon for first-year arbitration.

We are eagerly awaiting the ultimate settlement in the Kimbrel case, because we have spent much of the last few months discussing the peculiar case of Mr. Craig M. Kimbrel. It is our suspicion that he will land much closer to the $7.25MM we have projected for him than the high number the model produced, which I might as well confess was actually $10.2MM. However, Kimbrel is not just the namesake of the rule; he is also the first test of the Kimbrel Rule. While a couple other players will have their salaries dampened by the Kimbrel Rule in 2014, the amount that it changed their salary projection was under $1MM in these cases, nothing that could shine a light on the theory. Going forward, this may be a clue about how to treat exceptional cases for us (and possibly, for the teams and players themselves). Of course, maybe the Braves will hurry up and settle with him before he breaks my computer.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/10/arbitration-breakdown-craig-kimbrel.html

Haven't seenthe Crawford for Upton. But I'll do it. I've seen uggla for Phillips. No thanks. I'll just dump uggla for some BP help or something. And yeah saw Kimbrel would get like $10.2 million.

They should dump Uggla, LaStella/Pena/The Pastor would be fine w/ me at 2B.

I was so pumped when we signed Dan.

5 years in FLA: .263/.349/.488 (.837)
3 years in ATL: .213/.323/.404 (.727)

his .671 OPS this year was above only Darwin Barney among qualified 2B.

Haven't seenthe Crawford for Upton. But I'll do it. I've seen uggla for Phillips. No thanks. I'll just dump uggla for some BP help or something. And yeah saw Kimbrel would get like $10.2 million.

Why would we want Crawford at $20M per year? His last 3 years have been forgettable. And where are you going to put him?

Phillips is a lot more tempting. Same money as Uggla but 2 more years. His numbers the last 3 years are in line with what they were expecting from Uggla when they signed him. Doubt the Braves would add the prospects to the trade that they would probably be asked for to pull the deal off.

Uggla for Phillips gets rid of Uggla, but takes on an even bigger and arguably worse contract. Uggla is making $26m over the next 2 seasons at ages 34 and 35. Phillips is signed for 4 more years and $50m at ages 33-36. The last thing the Braves need in 2016 and 2017 when Heyward, J. Upton, Medlen, Freeman, Beachy, and Kimbrel are all coming up for free agency is for Brandon Phillips to be making $27m. It's one of those deals that likely wouldn't even be discussed if Phillips wasn't from Georgia.

I really don't think they can do anything until they see what they have in LaStella. He seems like a perfect bat for the top of the order and won't make any money.

Crawford single handedly beat us in game 4 or whatever. Although he doesn't produce the numbers BJ could produce, he gets on base more & provides more speed on the base paths. Play Jason in center. He looked very good out there.

I really can't understand why we would want to move Uggla to take on worse contracts.

Like the rest of you, I hope like hell La Stella is a Matt Carpenter clone.

Atlanta is abuzz about LaStella. I think its the influence of Gattis, remember we started talking about him this time last year.

I think people shouldn't sleep on Bryan Pena, he's got a chance to be Omar Infante part deux.

You mean Ramiro? I really like Ramiro. But don't feel comfortable giving him the everyday job. I could see platooning him w/ la stella or Pastornicky.

And nobody was in on Gattis except me. At least, that's how I recall it.

You mean Ramiro? I really like Ramiro. But don't feel comfortable giving him the everyday job. I could see platooning him w/ la stella or Pastornicky.

And nobody was in on Gattis except me. At least, that's how I recall it.

Yeah, but you're in on everybody who has any decent numbers at any level. So it doesn't really count

J-Hey tweeted this picture. AWESOME

BXyMhMTIYAAOlx7.jpg

Yeah, but you're in on everybody who has any decent numbers at any level. So it doesn't really count

J-Hey tweeted this picture. AWESOME

BXyMhMTIYAAOlx7.jpg

Ehh, not really. Not even sold on La Stella. Just wanted to get everybody's take on him.

Gattis was a big offseason topic, particularly after his winter ball. He was on people's radars before even because of the big numbers but was such a unique case that people weren't sure what to make of him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

RAMIRO Pena, hahaha, got my Pena-braves mixed up.

At least I didn't call him Quilvio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back