• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2013 Atlanta Braves NL East Champs OFFSEASON: Cobb County Stadium? What?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted Upton so bad. I'll drink to the Braves outfield.

And screw TheReff. I am not even a Braves fan and that outfield fly call sucked donkey dick

I'm in.

qwyh5s.jpg

Bravos have scrapped the Screaming Indian batting practice cap.

The season is so close now. I'm in sports purgatory right now. Football season has passed us by and I only have Wake basketball to get me through to Opening Day.

Ehh. I didn't want him back. His production fell off significantly and his speed will be in decline, if it wasn't already.

Will Dan Uggla hit his weight this year?

I'm not sold that the Braves OF will be the synergistic dynamo that everyone is making it out to be.

And I think people are understating the vacuum that hasn't been filled with the departures of Jones and Prado.

BJ's numbers last year were scary. At age 27, when most players are peaking, he put up a .289 OBP and had 4 Ks for every BB. If that's not a couple of red flags, then they're at least very bright yellow.

By replacing Bourn and Prado with the Uptons, the Braves are giving up some OBP in exchange for some increased SLG. I think the jump in SLG that Justin appears to give the team is overstated by the fact that he's been playing half of his games in Arizona, which is far more friendly to the long ball than Turner Field is.

beej also played in a really tough offensive environment.

beej's wrc+ (measures total offensive contribution adjusted for park) was higher last year than bourn's. it was also higher in every other year of their career. his career wrc+ is 107 to bourn's 92. upton's also been better than prado over the course of their careers, and he's much, much younger.

Need Uggs to have a montster run like he did two years ago. Carry the team for a stretch and bring some fear back to his spot in the order. At this point, we cant expect any sort of consistency other than striking out when we need the ball in play.

beej's wrc+ (measures total offensive contribution adjusted for park) was higher last year than bourn's. it was also higher in every other year of their career. his career wrc+ is 107 to bourn's 92. upton's also been better than prado over the course of their careers, and he's much, much younger.

moreover, his name is BOSSMAN JUNIOR. you can't be terrible with a name like BOSSMAN JUNIOR.

Need Uggs to have a montster run like he did two years ago. Carry the team for a stretch and bring some fear back to his spot in the order. At this point, we cant expect any sort of consistency other than striking out when we need the ball in play.

.250, 30 HRs = Pennant

For those who miss Bourn, can you name the Giants' leadoff hitter?

oh wait. You can't.

Didn't matter, they still won the WS. Michael Bourn is a nice player but he is not Vince Coleman.

Will Dan Uggla hit his weight this year?

I'm not sold that the Braves OF will be the synergistic dynamo that everyone is making it out to be.

And I think people are understating the vacuum that hasn't been filled with the departures of Jones and Prado.

I think Dan Uggla is due this year...He was never a high BA guy anyway. When looking at a "sucessful" year for Uggla, think power numbers.

Although both the Upton's had down years this year, BJ should be the player you are not "sold" on. Good years out of Heyward and Jupton are inevitable.

Prado was the best glue guy and statistically the best two strike hitter in baseball last year, he will be missed. Chipper is one of the best braves of all time and a great leader. But to call those loses a vacuum?

I wouldn't call it a vacuum. I think Francisco and Johnson will make 3B an acceptable spot. Sure, it could be improved upon with a "regular" starter but I don't think it will be a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back