• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2013 FB RECRUITING MEGATHREAD: Stevenson! 1RB,1DL,1K,2WR,5LB,1QB,5OL,3DB,2TE

No ph...Givens had a strong rookie year and a decent Soph season preceeding his breakout year. Scouts want a bigger body of work than what Harris has going into 2012.

Where do we anticipate being substantially improved this season?

Hopefully we will be improved throughout the defense; but losing Wilbur is hard to over-come. A healthy Harris and a somewhat experienced Reynolds should make us significantly improved at RB. Where else should we be much improved? Offensive line?

Where do we anticipate being substantially improved this season?

Hopefully we will be improved throughout the defense; but losing Wilbur is hard to over-come. A healthy Harris and a somewhat experienced Reynolds should make us significantly improved at RB. Where else should we be much improved? Offensive line?

I think our O-line will be better. I know we've lost experience, but I think our new line has the size, strength and nastiness to get the job done. Also think that the focus and motivation of our new OL coach will benefit.
LB's - much better depth across te board with a blend of age/experience and youth/excitement
QB - Tanner showed lots of improvement from fresh to soph year. Think he'll continue to get better.
D-line - Nikita's supporting cast should be better on the ends, and it sounds like he'll have a solid back up as well.

Overall, I'm cautiously optimistic that this could be a really good season............and it's only 2 months away!

I think our O-line will be better. I know we've lost experience, but I think our new line has the size, strength and nastiness to get the job done. Also think that the focus and motivation of our new OL coach will benefit.
LB's - much better depth across te board with a blend of age/experience and youth/excitement
QB - Tanner showed lots of improvement from fresh to soph year. Think he'll continue to get better.
D-line - Nikita's supporting cast should be better on the ends, and it sounds like he'll have a solid back up as well.

Overall, I'm cautiously optimistic that this could be a really good season............and it's only 2 months away!

We have to anticipate a decline at WR, I suppose; but I am eager to see some tall receivers. I don't recall ever having 2 receivers at 6'5. That should present Tanner with some interesting targets.

ACC refs cost WFU a shot at the title game. (plenty of blame goes to WFU, but the parties that be did everything to make sure Klempsum and not WFU was playing in the title game)

Meh, We had plenty of chances to win that game. We couldn't move the ball when we needed to. We had the ball deep in Clemson territory with a touchdown lead late, and lost.

A solid running game and we would have won that game.

Meh, We had plenty of chances to win that game. We couldn't move the ball when we needed to. We had the ball deep in Clemson territory with a touchdown lead late, and lost.

I think Pendergrass had a very good game if I remember correctly.

No he's not "running out of time"...

Whose team do you guys actually follow!?

2 Star players normally don't do diddly at WF before their JR season...they have fits and starts but nothing constant.

That's the cause for so much optimism in 2012... RS JR's abound and are ready to emerge. This is classic Jim Grobe and precisely why he is Not yanking your chain when he responds to recruiting class questions with (ask me in 3 years)

The key for these guys is staying in school and working the S@C program -/ there are 2 paths...you can tough it out like Jyles Tucker (did not transfer to Hampton before JR. Season) or you can follow Kevin Smith and screw up right at the moment you are ready to perform.

Here we have a player named Kris Redding. We have guys across the board who are primed to make the next step....from Mack to Lowe to Olson to Thompson etcetera, etc.,

The fan that really studies Wake Forest KNOWS that WF is one of real candidates for the 2012 ACC Title.
Hannibal Lectro. you are absolutely right about the Jrs. They see the end of the tunnel and there are just a few Srs ahead of them. And if they don't get it done, they'll get a diploma and a pat on the back in the spring. Watch the Liberty game to see if Grobe will put up with Josh anymore. If he is 10 for 25yds at halftime, the Orville Reynolds era will begin. If he goes for 150 and 2 TDs, Grobe will except him with open arms. Back to recruiting, Why are we going after so many OTs. After this year, we'll be 4 deep at OT, OK at G, and have 2 C's. The coaches know more about this team than we do. That's why they converted 2 NTs to OL. They must be content with the DL and scared about the OL.

Our OL is terrible right now. Anybody talking about improvement from last year's OL is crazy.

Our OL is terrible right now. Anybody talking about improvement from last year's OL is crazy.

Well that's discouraging! I am hoping that our new OL coach will make a big difference in terms of technique and "meanness".

I don't think anyone will know anything about the o-line until the end of summer. Just because they are unproven does not mean they are terrible.

If Chase, Summers, and Williams are available, that's 3 players with starting experience.

The single most devestating contributor to the Clemson loss was missed FG from the 15 LOS in the 4th 1/4.

Last edited:
[/QUOTE]

I'm close to finishing the "Thread of Threads" and lads, let me tell :"The ORACLE has come down from the Mountain with the "Vision" of an ACC Championship in 2012 ... "THIS IS THE YEAR!"[/QUOTE]

Can't Wait to see it!!!

What's the most NFL players we've had on the OL at once.

What's the most NFL players we've had on the OL at once.

We had Vallos, Justice, and DeGeare in 06. Nenon was a freshman that year and got into camp with the Bills as a UFA.

Back