• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2013 FB RECRUITING MEGATHREAD: Stevenson! 1RB,1DL,1K,2WR,5LB,1QB,5OL,3DB,2TE

I just got word that Manges has not committed to Wake Forest. Apparently there was some miscommunication between him and ESPN.

To be clear, Manges is not committed to Wake Forest right now. The article I wrote was based off of an article on ESPN that said he was committed but that is not true.

He is getting some good press so hopefully we can keep him

Patrick Lammer ‏@PLamRecruiting
Cypress Bay senior WR Alex Montgomery caught four passes for 133 yards, including a 54-yard TD, in 29-6 win at Deerfield Beach. #flhsfb

Tyree Harris caught two td's tonight and upset he didn't catch a 3rd for a kid he promised. I am awaiting full stats and he broke his school's td record tonight as well.

CharlottePreps.TV ‏@charlottepreps

Boy @michaelradford9 passes the eye test. College size and a college arm on him! #clthsfb
Retweeted by Michael Radford

Former Wake Target Anthony Covington to Pitt per Scout. Mallard Creek is just not kind to us.

They must have some kind of closer to get his verbal after their embarrassing loss.

So Pitt's embarrassing defeat was still better than our embarrassing win? Ouch.

CharlottePreps.TV ‏@charlottepreps

Boy @michaelradford9 passes the eye test. College size and a college arm on him! #clthsfb
Retweeted by Michael Radford

Think: Danny O'Brien

Are we sure Covington still had a commitable offer? WR is not exactly a position of need for us and Montgomery and Harris are already in the barn. My guess is that we cooled off on him.

Not a surprise as we don't do well with his HS or Charlotte in general. Although I think recruiting services are as much make believe as truth, the kids who hang on for a long time listed as high interest seldom pan out. The more stars the more this seems to be true. I usually interpret this as our being a fall back position if a better offer comes through. I hope this is not true for Jaylen Miller.

Not a surprise as we don't do well with his HS or Charlotte in general. Although I think recruiting services are as much make believe as truth, the kids who hang on for a long time listed as high interest seldom pan out. The more stars the more this seems to be true. I usually interpret this as our being a fall back position if a better offer comes through. I hope this is not true for Jaylen Miller.

Good points, see Quinshad last year. Kids that string it out are waiting for the bigger better deal.

2013 C Cory Helms of Milton HS (GA) is committed to Wake Forest and has been selected to play in the O-D All-American Bowl in December.

per Kristen Ledlow

Back