• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2013 FB RECRUITING MEGATHREAD: Stevenson! 1RB,1DL,1K,2WR,5LB,1QB,5OL,3DB,2TE

This just seems plain nuts. I mean he is not gonna be able to move back and forth. And the kid still has eligibility for next year.

The coaching staff needs to step in here and tell him to work hard, rehab and come back stronger next year. Next year is the big year for us.

The coaching staff needs to step in here and tell him to work hard, rehab and come back stronger next year. Next year is the big year for us.

Thing is that's what we thought in 2006. Before the season, looking at the roster, most of us were pointing to 2007 as the big year. You never know when a team is going to gel and all the parts start working. That said, I'll trust the staff to help Chase make the best decision for his long term health.

I see what you're saying, but it's different when we are talking about rushing a guy back from injury to do so.

It's not like if we add Chase we will be a juggernaut this season. Next year we will have the experience on the O-line (plus a year of Coach Himebauch), and virtually everybody on defense and offense that are important returning.

Who knows how effective Chase will be at (what I would guess to be at best) 80-85%?

I bet Chase won't be the starter next year when he returns. Between Bolling and the Frosh that is likely to play, one of those guys is going to step in and really surprise people.

I am really, really tired of waiting till next year.

That is the story each and every season. At some point you have to see talent actually play good football as opposed to being in a continual state of emerging. The time is now!

I am really, really tired of waiting till next year.

That is the story each and every season. At some point you have to see talent actually play good football as opposed to being in a continual state of emerging. The time is now!

You guys were a crappy call away from going to the ACC championship game last season. That's good football.

You guys were a crappy call away from going to the ACC championship game last season. That's good football.

That wasn't an ACC Championship caliber team.

The last half of the season was not "good football".

The last half of the season was not "good football".

Agree. And I was as angry after the Vanderbilt game as almost any WF game I have ever witnessed. There is simply no excuse for being unprepared to play!

Who gives a shit if it was a "good football" team. We were a FG away from another ACCCG berth in a year that most people predicted 4 wins.

I was as frustrated as anybody as the ceiling rose that we weren't able to seal the deal. I understand that we don't play the style of football and look as good as all of these other teams, but it's how we have to do it at Wake Forest.

Wake Forest doesn't have to show up completely unprepared to play against UNC and Vandy and crap the bed at the end of the season.

Wake Forest doesn't have to show up completely unprepared to play against UNC and Vandy and crap the bed at the end of the season.

I understand that and I think that everybody was pretty disappointed and frustrated in that aspect. It still doesn't take away from the fact that we were a play away from the ACC Championship.

I understand that and I think that everybody was pretty disappointed and frustrated in that aspect. It still doesn't take away from the fact that we were a play away from the ACC Championship.

No. It doesn't. I didn't say it did. I did say that it wasn't "good football".

Back