• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2013 FB RECRUITING MEGATHREAD: Stevenson! 1RB,1DL,1K,2WR,5LB,1QB,5OL,3DB,2TE

It looks like we are in the top 5 for Monty Nelson out of Florida. (DT-300+)

In the mix to get a visit from William Likely as well, stud CB out of FL who has offers from everyone under the sun.

Is it just me or does it feel like a 3* WR chooses Duke over us in every cycle?

Meh. We already have 2 WR committed including the one we wanted in Harris. We may have backed off of Alls.

I will take the WRs we have, don't really need another this class if we can fill the openings with positions of greater need.

My kingdom for one or two stud DT's, and maybe a stud OL, RB, and LB.

My kingdom for one or two stud DT's, and maybe a stud OL, RB, and LB.

I'd agree with this except I'd say no to another OL (we have 4 and the current line is young) and take a DE or maybe another LB. We run a 3-4 though so I don't know why we'd really need two DTs in one class unless Grobe might change back.

This is on out a couple of years, but I just saw on Twitter that we have offered (perhaps have had it out for a while) RB Damien Harris (Class of 2015) and are one of 8 schools to already have done that. Kid goes to Madison Southern (KY). He is apparently a complete stud and I'm glad we're on him early. Just a name to watch for.

I'd agree with this except I'd say no to another OL (we have 4 and the current line is young) and take a DE or maybe another LB. We run a 3-4 though so I don't know why we'd really need two DTs in one class unless Grobe might change back.

Id wager that if Grobe had the horses hed go back to a 4-3cookout in a heartbeat

Id wager that if Grobe had the horses hed go back to a 4-3cookout in a heartbeat

Quality DTs are so very hard to come by you take as amny as you can get - and like Tau I think we would run 4-3 if we could.

I saw where Covington is supposed to decide soon, and on scout we are the only ones with high interest. Also, does anyone know if it's a possibility for him to play rb for us, on scout they have him listed as a cb and rb.

What I'm saying is that Wake Will Likely get a visit and serious consideration, which is rare for that caliber of recruit.

Matt Porter ‏@mattyports
I'm told #Wake is heavy on Will Likely. I see that as a good fit. Strong academic kid, plus family like @22_wfu up there.

Back