• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2013 FB RECRUITING MEGATHREAD: Stevenson! 1RB,1DL,1K,2WR,5LB,1QB,5OL,3DB,2TE

Some other recruiting updates...........

RB Marquez Grayson - with Dooley now out at UT, looks like it's down to Wake and NCSU. Really want him to be a Deac bad.

CB Anthony Covington - still available but no expressed interest in WF that I'm aware of. We still have 'high' interest from CBs Sean Paul and Marcus Davis

DE Jaylen Miller - high interest in WF and UT. Is Wake now in the driver seat? Hope so.

DT Monty Nelson - appears to be our remaining key target......and he's a big one

I'm sure some of you have other info and opinions. Please share. We need a good recruiting class and the chat has been too quiet recently.

Id be shocked if Grayson ends up at NCSU. We already have 3 RB commits, all of which we are being told are actually RBs. Would be a big get for anyone.

I really really really hope a few of these O-Linemen are ready to step in and play next year or we will continue to struggle offensively.

On D, I think you have to figure a way to get Big Baby in a lot. He's been a stud. On passing downs, hate to say it, but Whitlock is terrible. He doesn't rush and he doesn't swing around and try to find a hole the way ... Big Baby does. Been disappointed with Nikita on passing downs all year even when he's healthy.

Yes, we had room. Chamber and Gardner would have been blocking dummies for 4 years. We shouldn't say NO to a 4 star at any position. (except long snapper). The guys we have need to be pushed or replaced. As far as any other recruits, a loss this weekend would be a tough sell to these guys and it might embolden some poacher to come after the commits we already have. We are probably going after recruits from school who have fired their coach (Tenn, Kentucky, Auburn, Arkansas etc).

Oh snap

GoldandBlack.com ‏@GoldandBlackcom
DT prospect Kyle Shortridge decommits from #Purdue, saying Danny Hope was big reason for verbal. Says he will still consider #Boilers.

Oh snap

GoldandBlack.com ‏@GoldandBlackcom
DT prospect Kyle Shortridge decommits from #Purdue, saying Danny Hope was big reason for verbal. Says he will still consider #Boilers.

Don't even want him anymore. Sounds like a quitter and I doubt he would make it 4-5 years at Wake.

Don't over react. This is why 17 yr olds can't drink or vote. He won't play til he's 20.

You have to figure guys were chomping at the bit before they left Winston on Sunday.

Back