• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2013 FB RECRUITING MEGATHREAD: Stevenson! 1RB,1DL,1K,2WR,5LB,1QB,5OL,3DB,2TE

We need to stop with the 40 times. This is a pretty good pull at a position we needed help if that offer sheet is accurate.

We need to stop with the 40 times. This is a pretty good pull at a position we needed help if that offer sheet is accurate.

I agree that the offer sheet is strong. and that 40 times are often unreliable. my major problem is that he is 2014 and we need immediate help at RB.

It's a pretty big deal for us to get a 2014 kid at this stage in the game. Kids we offer this far out usually end up being studs, and they usually don't end up coming to us. Likely a big deal if he stays.

It's a pretty big deal for us to get a 2014 kid at this stage in the game. Kids we offer this far out usually end up being studs, and they usually don't end up coming to us. Likely a big deal if he stays.

Confirmation that he committed or has he just been offered?

He was offered tonight. Ran behind current commits Josh Harris and Cory Helms. Tyree and the OL guys are trying to get him here hard. I seen nothing about a commit just that he was offered tonight.

Pretty good list of offers.........and I don't believe the 40 time. I'd guess he's a bit faster, otherwise, he would not have as many decent offers.

He does not have the quickness or fluidity for corner. He's a very good tackler. In 2 years, he'll be 205 lbs, and ready for strong safety. Just as Dan Mack is heading out the door. As P4nthers 11 posted, we're not in a position of strength right now. But, as other programs fill up, we do our best work at the end of this game of musical chairs. Remember when we got Tylor Harris on board last year.

In my opinion I think many of our coaches are over their head on gameday, but I will give credit where it is due because someone does a very good job of consistently finding diamonds in the rough. It seems like many of our most highly touted recruits do not pan out while guys like Boo Robinson, Aaron Curry, and now Tylor Harris are picked up with maybe a couple offers and are flying under the radar.

As for forty times... 4.6 for a high school RB is a good time. It isn't Jeffrey Demps fast but few are. Check out the NFL combine each year and there are many quality college RBs who run in that range.

SMH at those that say Tylor Harris was a diamond in the rough. He got offers from Stanford and Arkansas. Dude is a baller that frankly had to settle at Wake because of a knee injury that scared teams off.

My point was that he committed during the last week of recruiting. Look back, and you'll find that some of our best "gets" were made during the last week. Alphonso Smith,Josh Adams, Redding, Whitlock, Hedlund, and last year, Ty Harris.

SMH at those that say Tylor Harris was a diamond in the rough. He got offers from Stanford and Arkansas. Dude is a baller that frankly had to settle at Wake because of a knee injury that scared teams off.

I suppose I am including in my definition of diamonds in the rough guys like Marion, Givens, and now Harris who had major high school injuries that scared of almost all major college programs but us. We can make a new category where I give the staff credit for finding some great "dented can" players.

Marquez Grayson - Come to Wake!!!!!!!!!

Article on TOS says Grayson is not really considering NCS, Tenn and VT anymore and Wake is his leader.
Would love for him to be a Deacon. Big, strong running back and he's local (Lexington) so it'd be easy for his family and friends to come watch him play.
A commitment from Marquez would be a nice Christmas present

Marquez Grayson - Come to Wake!!!!!!!!!

Article on TOS says Grayson is not really considering NCS, Tenn and VT anymore and Wake is his leader.
Would love for him to be a Deacon. Big, strong running back and he's local (Lexington) so it'd be easy for his family and friends to come watch him play.
A commitment from Marquez would be a nice Christmas present

Amen!

Apparently, AU commit, Carl Lawson (5* DE, #2 nationally) is tight with Wake signee, Cory Helms. Helms, along with Wake staff, is pushing him hard to change his commitment to Wake. Helms thinks we have a real shot and is asking Wake fans to encourage Lawson on Twitter. IF we somehow landed Lawson, it would be our biggest get ever, obviously!

Apparently, AU commit, Carl Lawson (5* DE, #2 nationally) is tight with Wake signee, Cory Helms. Helms, along with Wake staff, is pushing him hard to change his commitment to Wake. Helms thinks we have a real shot and is asking Wake fans to encourage Lawson on Twitter. IF we somehow landed Lawson, it would be our biggest get ever, obviously!

:bowrofl:

Back