• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2013 FB RECRUITING MEGATHREAD: Stevenson! 1RB,1DL,1K,2WR,5LB,1QB,5OL,3DB,2TE

Carlis Parker, one of our qb recruits, from Statesville, committed to VT today and Bucky Hodges, another of our qb recruits, committed to VT on Saturday.
The good news.........we shouldn't have to worry about VT taking any more of our qb targets this year.

Last edited:
Carlis Parker, one of our qb recruits, from Statesville, committed to VT today and Bucky Hodges, another of our qb recruits, committed to VT on Saturday.
The good news.........we shouldn't have to worry about VT taking any more of our qb targets this year.

I guess neither of them care about playing time.

Looks like all of the D1 prospects in the Statesville area are slipping away. Oh well, there is always Texas!

Is anyone else getting a little concerned about our recruiting? We have 0 commitments this year and I read today that State got a commitment from a rising senior in our own backyard(an OL from Davie County). We also lost out on a couple of Statesville guys we were recruiting. I trust the staff, but a little good news on the recruiting front would make me feel much better.

Is anyone else getting a little concerned about our recruiting? We have 0 commitments this year and I read today that State got a commitment from a rising senior in our own backyard(an OL from Davie County). We also lost out on a couple of Statesville guys we were recruiting. I trust the staff, but a little good news on the recruiting front would make me feel much better.

I always hate losing recruits to other schools, but it's a fact of life and happens to everyone.
No need to panic yet about no commits to date. Over the past 4 years, here's how many commits we've had by 4/25..........
2012 1 OL
2011 3 OLs
2010 1 DT
2009 5 2 DE, 1 DT, 1 LB, 1 WR

Typically, the flow really starts for Wake in June/July..................by this time, many of the football powerhouses are almost finished with their classes.

Last edited:

State got on him early, earlier than we did. They used the same strategy we've used over the years. Jump on them before anyone else, and stay with it. I was bummed too, but after hearing his reasoning, it makes sense.

State got on him early, earlier than we did. They used the same strategy we've used over the years. Jump on them before anyone else, and stay with it. I was bummed too, but after hearing his reasoning, it makes sense.

they were his first (and according to scout) only offer.

Sounds like a really good player. I know he's committed to NCS, but it appears he hasn't visited many other places yet. Since signing isn't until Feb 2013, there's plenty of time for a change of heart. Just sayin'............

this is definitely not a knock on this particular player, but when someone has played for 3 seasons for a high-profile team and has only picked up one offer it probably means something. OL is obviously hard to scout though.

I'll take TOB's opinion on this one. Man knows the OL position

On that note doesn't it seem that OL guys are way more likely to go under-recruited and then end up as studs? As heel said, the position is just so hard to predict.

While this is business as usual, since the Bill Tate I have dreamed with a long term, quality, and for us, successful coaching staff, there would be a few high quality players who would have Wake at the top of their lists but it just ain't so. It is disappointing to me. While our recruiting is better, I hoped it would be better. Duke has a couple of commits we offered this year and we are so much better a football destination than Duke. I really hope these two new guys can be big time recruiters for us. We need to do better.

What I really don't get is that WF seems to always lag behind Duke and Vandy for kids who talk and seem to be more academic minded. I've seen numerous interviews where kids rave about the education at Duke and Vandy is just unbelievable and then they will say oh and WF is a good school too. Sort of like WF is a lesser school than Duke or Vandy. And from everything I can tell that just simply isn't the case.

Back