• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2013 FB RECRUITING MEGATHREAD: Stevenson! 1RB,1DL,1K,2WR,5LB,1QB,5OL,3DB,2TE

I know you can't put a tremendous amount of stock in the rankings, but the kid played 5A ball in Texas at a top notch HS and was Committed to Bama for a long time and never got above a mid 3 star on Rivals. Believe me, if anyone was gonna get the benefit of the doubt on those rankings it would be a kid who was going to Bama. The experts weren't that impressed with Morris.

We'll see, and I from what it sounds like WF got a great player in Cameron. I haven't been able to see anything from Cameron other than his highlight tapes, but I've seen a whole game from Morris and the kid can throw the football. I was really impressed by him and so I guess that's why I'm so high on him. Really won't be able to make a judgement on Cameron til I see him play or in person at the spring game or something like that but so it's certainly not like WF struck out. I guess my first post came off a little more cryptic than I intended now that I read it again. If Cameron was really Grobe and co's #1 option then i'm ecstatic that he ended up in the Black and Gold.

We've had many discussions about where we recruit and why, including our established FL pipeline and our growing TX pipeline.
We've also discussed NC and GA (at least I have).
Anyway, based on Rivals Top 250 for 2013, here are the top 8 states by number of 4* and 5* recruits.
FL 36
TX 32
CA 27
GA 19
OH 19
LA 13
VA 12
NC 9

If our recruiting strategy is to 'fish where the fish are' looks like we're doing a pretty good job.

Remember, all of the 5 star guys we had on the hardwood that couldn't win a tournament game. We recruit kids who will be ready when they're 20, not guys who look great in tee shirts and shorts at a camp when they're 16. We beat Free Shoes and had leads in 12 of 13 games last year. I think our coaching staff has improved. We have our best recruiting class coming off their red-shirt year. We'll get some great people who are good players, not "DIVAS" who talk about their HS years as if they're getting inducted in Canton.

James Brim held the single game record for recieving yards in a game for the Vikings. Since he was a replacement player, it was exsponged. Josh Adams was #148 out of 150 in the class of '06. His production went down every year. The biggest NSD surprise, according to Bill King, was us signing C.J Leake back in the 90's. 2* Aaron Curry was the 4th pick in the draft.

Andrew Bone ‏ @AndrewJBone
Cam Luper, athlete from Auburn, Ala., added a new offer today from Wake Forest. He was offered as a QB.

Andrew Bone ‏ @AndrewJBone
Cam Luper, athlete from Auburn, Ala., added a new offer today from Wake Forest. He was offered as a QB.

He is 5'11' 185 and listed as CB too, I hope we offered as a CB. Small for a QB especially if his height gets the customary inflation.

Last edited:
Saw a tweet the other day that the staff finally offered Loneys little brother, so that's a good thing IMO.

When are we going to start pulling in some recruits? Even Duke has about 4 or 5 now we have yet to get #1. Anyone we have really good shots at or are close to committing? Anyone know anything?

TOS has a pay article on Mallard Creek CB Anthony Covington. He's evidently down to two schools. Hopefully, we're one of them? After fanning on Jela Duncan, it would be nice to make inroads at a state power like MCHS.

TOS has a pay article on Mallard Creek CB Anthony Covington. He's evidently down to two schools. Hopefully, we're one of them? After fanning on Jela Duncan, it would be nice to make inroads at a state power like MCHS.

Don't count on it any time soon. UNC seems to have MCHS on lock. THink the HC is a big UNC proponent.

UNC already has two CB commits and we seem to have offered 4 or 5 guys from there

Back