• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2013 FB RECRUITING MEGATHREAD: Stevenson! 1RB,1DL,1K,2WR,5LB,1QB,5OL,3DB,2TE

Wake wasn't down on the package...

As I posted earlier, it will be interesting to see if we begin losing recruiting battles to the new coach at State. We have about 6 common recruits. It will not be good if we start losing the Florida recruits. NC State has very little to offer recruits. No women, ugly campus, etc...

Marcus Levy, a former target, flipped from Cincy to Bowling Green. We're not the only program with vultures circling above. He was a pretty good prospect. I guess Tubbeville is really endearing himself on the banks of the Ohio.

Where are we with badet? I know be visited but what's the outlook there slash consensus on him? Do we want him? And how does Galloway leaving impact that if at all? Sorry if already talked about

We have a huge recruiting weekend coming up this week. Two DL will visit Jaylen Miller and Justin Madison, a nice looking cb prospect out of Texas Cydney Calvin, 2 lb in a nice looking player Nigel Harris(fl) and Leon Jacobs out of California. Our biggest recruiters will be visiting with them in Tyree, Helms, Serigne, and and Gardner. I am beginning to wonder if we will move one or two of our 8 lb we might take to DL. Landing 3 out of these 5 would be huge.

As I posted earlier, it will be interesting to see if we begin losing recruiting battles to the new coach at State. We have about 6 common recruits. It will not be good if we start losing the Florida recruits. NC State has very little to offer recruits. No women, ugly campus, etc...

It was just as dumb when you posted it then as when you posted it now.

There are a lot of things that make NCSU and WF different. Of the positive things WF has to sell, more/better looking women is not one of them. That one statement completely makes your comment lose any value.

There are a lot of things that make NCSU and WF different. Of the positive things WF has to sell, more/better looking women is not one of them. That one statement completely makes your comment lose any value.

As a grad of both schools, WFU has better looking women on average, but NCSU definitely has more running around.

And FWIW, I think Wake has very, very few advantages recruiting wise against NCSU.

Wake's sell has always been its "family" atmosphere and the relationships players have with their coaches. In seemingly every interview with our recruits, that's the first thing they mention. No doubt the team is pushing that angle.

To be fair, every recruit talks about that "family" atmosphere about every school. I just think that is something coaches program these kids to say.

As a grad of both schools, WFU has better looking women on average, but NCSU definitely has more running around.

And FWIW, I think Wake has very, very few advantages recruiting wise against NCSU.

After some dilibration in my head, I'm okay agreeing with that haha. Messed around with girls from both so i'm good with either :thumbsup:

Committing is a very personel decision. Many factors go in to it. Advice from friends and family can help and hurt. The recruit must ask in whose interest is this advice being given. Many 18 yr olds don't look foward to when they are in their 20s and trying to get a job. They want a school with a good party scene, hot girls and a big stadium. What good is that when your sitting in a job interview? The one thing you can say about Wake girls is that they will probably be bringing in a nice paycheck some day, and so will an 18 yr old recruit.

We have a huge recruiting weekend coming up this week. Two DL will visit Jaylen Miller and Justin Madison, a nice looking cb prospect out of Texas Cydney Calvin, 2 lb in a nice looking player Nigel Harris(fl) and Leon Jacobs out of California. Our biggest recruiters will be visiting with them in Tyree, Helms, Serigne, and and Gardner. I am beginning to wonder if we will move one or two of our 8 lb we might take to DL. Landing 3 out of these 5 would be huge.

Add it to the list of things I don't like about the 3-4, but one of its downsides is that guys like Ali Lamot, who at 210 played DE in high school, don't have the option/flexibility of continuing to play with their hand on the ground unless he gains about 70 pounds. Where in the past you could move a guy who didn't work out at OLB to DE I don't see that being an option in a 3-4 where we are looking for DEs more like 260-270 James Looney and less the tweener pass rusher like when Wilber used to play traditional DE.

If we had some space eaters at DT, (Boo Robinson) we could go back to the 4-3. Jaylen Miller is a perfect 4-3 end, (Dwight Freeney). When you run a 3-4 he turns into Vernon Gholston. If he comes here, he'll be a situational pass rusher his freshman year, he's that good. The LBs we're getting need to add 30 lbs of muscle in order to take on 300 OLs if we run the 3-4. If we get Miller, we'll go after big DTs next year (Maybe even a JUCO guy or two) in order to go back to the 4-3 and turn him into Dwight Freeney.

Why would anyone go to NC STATE ove any SEC school. If they want a big school experience. I just don't get someone selecting State.

Why would anyone go to NC STATE ove any SEC school. If they want a big school experience. I just don't get someone selecting State.

Where did I try and argue that I thought someone should choose NCSU over an SEC school? But if you want to bring it up.... If it's down to UF, LSU, Bama, and State, then yeah no one in their right mind is going to choose State if they are a big time football recruit who is looking for a big school experience. But NCSU isn't close to recruiting at a level even remotely near that. If it's down to UK, Miss. St., and NCSU, then yea I can totally see a kid choosing NCSU over those two schools.

Maybe the kid is from NC and want's to play closer to home? Maybe he's got several friends going to NCSU that didn't have SEC offers and he wants to play with them? Maybe the kid wants to start at NCSU instead of being a 4 year backup at UTenn? The biggest reason is that he probably has a better connection with staff and feels they can advance him as a player/person better than the other schools recruiting him.

The new NCSU staff is extremely young, has been extremely successful in previous stops, and most feel they will relate very well to kids while out recruiting. You may see quite a few more kids choosing NCSU and not understanding it in the coming seasons. Yow has done a great job of putting our major revenue programs in a situation that they can succeed and letting them know she expects the success given the resources she is giving the coaches. From my experience in the business world, and from what i've seen from her time at NCSU so far, it's a great way of turning a program around.

Where did I try and argue that I thought someone should choose NCSU over an SEC school? But if you want to bring it up.... If it's down to UF, LSU, Bama, and State, then yeah no one in their right mind is going to choose State if they are a big time football recruit who is looking for a big school experience. But NCSU isn't close to recruiting at a level even remotely near that. If it's down to UK, Miss. St., and NCSU, then yea I can totally see a kid choosing NCSU over those two schools.

Maybe the kid is from NC and want's to play closer to home? Maybe he's got several friends going to NCSU that didn't have SEC offers and he wants to play with them? Maybe the kid wants to start at NCSU instead of being a 4 year backup at UTenn? The biggest reason is that he probably has a better connection with staff and feels they can advance him as a player/person better than the other schools recruiting him.

The new NCSU staff is extremely young, has been extremely successful in previous stops, and most feel they will relate very well to kids while out recruiting. You may see quite a few more kids choosing NCSU and not understanding it in the coming seasons. Yow has done a great job of putting our major revenue programs in a situation that they can succeed and letting them know she expects the success given the resources she is giving the coaches. From my experience in the business world, and from what i've seen from her time at NCSU so far, it's a great way of turning a program around.

They are extremely young, which is why they are largely unproven. They may well do great things at NCSU, but don't be a homer, there is not much in their collective backgrounds that points to great, immediate success. Even Doeren accomplished what he did last year with the quantitatively easiest schedule in Division I football. I'm not trying to throw salt on your enthusiasm, but I just don't see anything that leads me to believe they are going to be conference leaders anytime soon.

Back