• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2013 FB RECRUITING MEGATHREAD: Stevenson! 1RB,1DL,1K,2WR,5LB,1QB,5OL,3DB,2TE

He has real good size, strong arm and can run very well for a quarterback. Not super accurate yet. Not an option style quarterback but very mobile in the pocket and never afraid to tuck the ball and run with great effect.

Radford is a diamond in the rough, but he'll be our 6th QB. He'll need a couple of years to be ready. If Thompson beats out Kevin Sousa in '14, then our QB developement program has serious problems. Radford has time to grow, but remember, Skinner was a third stringer and in the blink of an eye was sent in to start the next 4 years. Take that Wally Pipp.

Radford is a diamond in the rough, but he'll be our 6th QB. He'll need a couple of years to be ready. If Thompson beats out Kevin Sousa in '14, then our QB developement program has serious problems. Radford has time to grow, but remember, Skinner was a third stringer and in the blink of an eye was sent in to start the next 4 years. Take that Wally Pipp.

Cameron beats out both those guys.

Who are our highest ranked football recruits of all time?
I would say that it was CJ Leake,(Chris Leake's older brother) back in the 90's. James Brim might be up there too, but that was before the internet and all these sites. Bryan Andrews, AJ Marshall and Virgile are the only 4 stars we've gotten in the last 10 years.

I was CJ's RA his freshman year and 5 minutes in you could tell that it would take A LOT to live up to the hype. Obviously recruiting services then did not rate people on interviews. Yikes. Relatively quiet, he was a pretty nice guy. His roommate, on the other hand, was gonna be a player from day one.

We had Chris Leake on the hook as a 8th grader. CJ threw a pretty ball, but hurt his knee. We lost both after Caldwell got canned and Chris went on to win a NC at Florida. CJ finished up at Tennessee.

We had Chris Leake on the hook as a 8th grader. CJ threw a pretty ball, but hurt his knee. We lost both after Caldwell got canned and Chris went on to win a NC at Florida. CJ finished up at Tennessee.

As a tight end

WFU is in Marquez Grayson's top two with NCSU per Scout.

Good news. I know several other schools have started chasing him recently, but Wake has been recuriting him for a long time and has always been one of his favorities. Really hope that Wake stays the favorite for the next few weeks thru signing day. Would love to have him be a Deac..........he'd be a good one.

Good news. I know several other schools have started chasing him recently, but Wake has been recuriting him for a long time and has always been one of his favorities. Really hope that Wake stays the favorite for the next few weeks thru signing day. Would love to have him be a Deac..........he'd be a good one.

I feel good about this one, both in terms of him coming to Wake and in terms of him being a really good player. He's had Wake listed as a favorite for as long as I can remember, he's one of the top players in NC this year, and he's from nearby. I have no inside info, but I like our chances.

I feel good about this one, both in terms of him coming to Wake and in terms of him being a really good player. He's had Wake listed as a favorite for as long as I can remember, he's one of the top players in NC this year, and he's from nearby. I have no inside info, but I like our chances.

In a way, Marquez seems like Shelton Mitchell.............a VERY good player, long-term relation with Wake and close to W-S so his family can easily see him play.
He should also be playing fairly early and often.

Play him right away and red shirt Wortham so his knee can recover.

Wortham said he is on good pace to be ready for summer ball next year and should be cleared to go in full then.

Back