• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2013 FB RECRUITING MEGATHREAD: Stevenson! 1RB,1DL,1K,2WR,5LB,1QB,5OL,3DB,2TE

I guess the kid doesn't want to play in front of friends and family.

Damn....was really getting my hopes up for this kid. We always lose when the hats are on the table...

We clearly need cooler looking hats.

Speaking of hats, who the hell would want to play for that asshat Edsall?

I figure Maryland will have a tougher time pulling southern recruits now that they will never play there.

Damn....was really getting my hopes up for this kid. We always lose when the hats are on the table...

I am willing to say it is a rule by now, if a recruit is doing a selection ceremony where he is picking hats Wake is not going to get the kid. Plain and simple. We have gotten some good recruits in the past, but those kids weren't the type to do the whole hat picking attention grabbing thing. Those kids don't go to a small, private school with a conservative staff.

I am willing to say it is a rule by now, if a recruit is doing a selection ceremony where he is picking hats Wake is not going to get the kid. Plain and simple. We have gotten some good recruits in the past, but those kids weren't the type to do the whole hat picking attention grabbing thing. Those kids don't go to a small, private school with a conservative staff.

I'll always recall the classy way Tim Duncan handled his decision on whether or not he would come back for his senior year. He kept his thoughts very private up to the end, and I do think for him it was a last-minute decision. But what he did was prepare (or probably the Wake SID prepared it for him; i.e. "Tim, at minimum, you at least need to do this") two written statements, one saying "I have enjoyed my 3 years at Wake but it is time to move to the NBA", and the other "I'm looking forward to my senior year". So when he made his decision Duncan was not even on campus, and the athletic dept. issued his simple written statement to the media.
There's always been a misconception of Duncan that he's "boring, bland", etc., but he's actually a pretty interesting & complex (and in some ways a little weird) dude. After he's done playing I think he'll be seen in a different light when compared to the Kobe's and Lebron's, sort of like Harrison is now to Lennon/McCartney.

I'll always recall the classy way Tim Duncan handled his decision on whether or not he would come back for his senior year. He kept his thoughts very private up to the end, and I do think for him it was a last-minute decision. But what he did was prepare (or probably the Wake SID prepared it for him; i.e. "Tim, at minimum, you at least need to do this") two written statements, one saying "I have enjoyed my 3 years at Wake but it is time to move to the NBA", and the other "I'm looking forward to my senior year". So when he made his decision Duncan was not even on campus, and the athletic dept. issued his simple written statement to the media.
There's always been a misconception of Duncan that he's "boring, bland", etc., but he's actually a pretty interesting & complex (and in some ways a little weird) dude. After he's done playing I think he'll be seen in a different light when compared to the Kobe's and Lebron's, sort of like Harrison is now to Lennon/McCartney.

^^^ Pretty philosphical for a Saturday morning

figured i would move this over to you guys..... Dunn's newest facebook post

ACC better watch out Deacs is on the rise

560689_504450186253599_793051426_n.jpg

With so many games available on national television now, the "close to home" thing doesn't matter quite as much. Players that care about that stuff are generally happy as long as their families can watch them on TV.

This is why everyone thought a TV ban for Penn State would have been devastating. Lots of money lost, but also a nightmare for recruiting.

Are those game generally regional? I doubt you see many Maryland games on down here anymore.

Are those game generally regional? I doubt you see many Maryland games on down here anymore.

Depends on if your region has ponied up for the Big Ten network. Also they're pretty locked in to several ESPN slots. You'll see Maryland.

Not that many any more. ESPN didn't seem to have as many Big 10 noon games this year

A few quick recruiting notes:

Cory Helms is playing the O-D Bowl tomorrow
Cameron Serigne and Eric Tetlow played in the Chesapeake Bowl today
Josh Harris was named first team all-state AAAAAA by the Georgia Sports Writers Association
Sean Paul, one of our biggest targets left is down to Wake, NC State, and Louisville
Jeremiah Benjamin committed to Marshall

Josh Harris was named first team all-state AAAAAA by the Georgia Sports Writers Association
Sean Paul, one of our biggest targets left is down to Wake, NC State, and Louisville

I would say that this kid is better than a 2 star prospect. Very nice offer list.

My understanding is Josh Harris (6'4-300) was named 1st Team All-State Georgia (All Classifications) then the multiple AAAAAA, AAAAA, AAAA, etc., teams are named.

Not surprising that Benjamin went to Marshall. His other top schools were Wake (with 5 LB commits) and West VA (with 7 LB commits!).

Would really like to get Sean Paul on board along with Miller, Grayson and Nelson.

Back