• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2013 FB RECRUITING MEGATHREAD: Stevenson! 1RB,1DL,1K,2WR,5LB,1QB,5OL,3DB,2TE

hope it works out for him at Marshall better than Eddie Sullivan.

Last edited:
hope it works out for me at Marshall better than Eddie Sullivan.

Good memory. I forgot about this. Hotshot QB that we thought we had, ended up going to Marshall and never heard from again.

Sullivan probably made the best move for himself at the time. I think all we offered him was a greyshirt, and there is no way he was gonna beat out Tanner.

Sullivan probably made the best move for himself at the time. I think all we offered him was a greyshirt, and there is no way he was gonna beat out Tanner.

This. And he was not expected to be a hotshot quarterback by any means, more of an insurance policy, hence the greyshirt.

BTW, Western Carolina won their opener over Mars Hill, and then lost their next 10 to finish 1-10 last year, including a 49-0 loss at Bama. Sullivan threw for 63 yards and ran for 28 yards at Bryant-Denny Stadium (leading WCU in both catagories). He has two years of eligibility left at WCU.

OK.............back to WF recruits for our 2013 class.

Who's got info and/or thoughts on the remaining spots for this year's class. ie. who and when
We're down to the last few weeks and we usually have somewhat of a flurry of activity around this time.
I'm still keeping my finger crossed for Grayson, Miller and Nelson, plus a good DB.

After the Sugar Bowl, it will be real hard to beat out L'ville for Sean Paul. Miller just got offered by Nebraska and Tennessee. A guy who just popped up on the radar is WR Jeff Badet of Orlando Freedom. He's a Camp clone. Not big but super fast. Our class is better than most 5-7 teams, but as the Big Boys fill up, and offers are recided, we might get a surprise or two in the last week.

So I assume we are going after another wr, cb, rb, and DL. Do we have a shot of getting Montgomery back or has that ship completely sailed?

We needed LB's DBs and OL. With that accomplished (maybe another DB) and the QB/RB pipeline filled, anything else will be gravy. I'd like more DL depth because our 3 starters are Sr. Maybe a slot WR with speed to replace Camp. The class will replace this years seniors in 2014. Maybe Virgile will play, but if anybody else is playing, then something bad has happened. Either injuries or the upperclassmen have wasted 3 years in the weight room.

In an interview, Jaylen Miller said he's being recruited by Tennessee and that he has family in Knoxville. That's never a good sign. Those family members will want to brag to their friends that they have a family member on UT. Every call from our coaches will be matched by 3 from his own family. I think he'll be the Quinshad, Darius Jennings, Marcus Corker, etc, of this year.

Back