• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2013 FB RECRUITING MEGATHREAD: Stevenson! 1RB,1DL,1K,2WR,5LB,1QB,5OL,3DB,2TE

Then why did you project a pro career for Davis after his redshirt junior year. It was clear he didn't have the talent to star at the collegiate level. And Clemson offering him doesn't mean they thought he was a pro prospect. That logic is hilarious.

I'm sorry Stan...I dont remember that but I have certainly "missed" on others.

Remembering how unimpressed I was with both he and Bryan Andrews I really can't imagine saying much more than "Deacon fans hope 'he' can finally reach the potential scouts saw in him, in this, his redshirt sr. year" or some such vanilla dribble. But I did not like Anthony's shoulders...I know, sounds funny, but he had a "concave build" up top and guys like that never seem to generate the upper body strength to become stout on the line. Wake has had its share of decent OL, Doug Weaver, for example, with the same build. I like the propsects who have the shoulders back and chest up high --- the difference in potential from, say, Taylor Chambers and Weaver. Taylor will wind up, imho, much stronger and with a considerably higher ceiling.

Last edited:
Lectro, I agree with you on your points. But the player has to be the biggest part of his own developement. He has to learn and not repeat the mistakes over again. An example of this is Josh Adams. ACC rookie of the year, whose production dropped every year afterwards. The play that says it all to me about him was the '10 FSU game. On the opening drive he breaks it over the left tackle with only the safety to beat. But, he kept the ball in his right hand and didn't switch to his left/outside hand. As the safety approached, he couldn't fend him off with a stiff arm and was tackled. A 7-0 lead would have really helped the team in a hostile stadium. This is something he probably was coached as a freshman, because I saw him do exactly that vs Navy in '07. What these kids are now and what they will become is the crapshoot we were talking about.

Pretty typical for a late recruiting season. Talk about a bunch of highly rated players, and sign a bunch of sleepers.

We pretty much whiffed at the end of the recruiting period. I understand why we can't sign a running back- 5 minutes of film and no decent ball carrier wants anything to do with the Lobotomy _ffense mess. If we ran the pistol it would be Russian roulette with all chambers loaded and one in the barrel. I hope Wellman is gone before they ever allow any coach to hire a family member again. On the other hand we did pull recruits fro Ga State and one would assume some intramural teams flag football teams.

Why are we taking this kid? Hell I'd rather us take just a body at DT for even the minuscule chance the kid develops into a contributor rather than add another LB and an unranked one that doesn't appear to have other offers at that.

*Upon watching that video, dude has to be a FB. He looks strong and doesn't let himself get blocked but not fast at all. The entire video is him blitzing and standing up guys or getting hustle sacks. Doesn't show a single open field tackle or actual play where he beats a guy with a pass rush move.

Last edited:
Lectro, I agree with you on your points. But the player has to be the biggest part of his own developement. He has to learn and not repeat the mistakes over again. An example of this is Josh Adams. ACC rookie of the year, whose production dropped every year afterwards. The play that says it all to me about him was the '10 FSU game. On the opening drive he breaks it over the left tackle with only the safety to beat. But, he kept the ball in his right hand and didn't switch to his left/outside hand. As the safety approached, he couldn't fend him off with a stiff arm and was tackled. A 7-0 lead would have really helped the team in a hostile stadium. This is something he probably was coached as a freshman, because I saw him do exactly that vs Navy in '07. What these kids are now and what they will become is the crapshoot we were talking about.

I could not agree more. It comes down to the individual and some good fortune doesn't hurt either...

I got the cheese bitching again tag for saying our coaches weren't aggressive enough recruiters around this time last year but the reality is they likely recruit how they coach.

I still think we get a surprise commit tom. or soon after.

Back