• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2013 NASCAR Thread - Fights, Stretchers, Wreckers, and Checkers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsywake

Sheikh of Smoke
Staff member
Reaction score
The new car styles in the two top series look great. We've only seen them race in small packs, so I'm anxious to see how they respond in the draft. Two more months until Daytona!

Last edited:
This coming season I plan on making it to Martinsville x 2, Darlington, and hopefully one each of the Bristol, Richmond and Charlotte races. Extremely pumped!

I'm planning on the Rockingham Truck Race again, and the Bristol week in August. If you do go for the night race, let me know 92.

Tsy:

I'd like to see the truck race at The Rock. It's in mid-April, right? Let's go.

i read that the drivers say the new 2013 car is wicked fast. They broke the Charlotte qualifying records last week, and the cars were in race trim, not qualifying setups. Might have been the cold temps,but its great to see the cars cruise through the corners without the sideways yaw that the COT needed. Maybe this year will be the year I get to Darlington.

I heard Logano comment that new 2013 car handled (to him) much more like the Nationwide car. If so, he will be much more of a force to be reckoned with given that he won about 1 out of every 2 Nationwide races he entered this past season, against some very good competition. I also believe that his move to Penske (and teaming up with Keselowski) will be very positive for Longano.

Legano going to Penske is a great career move for him. He and BK are like minded, come from similar backgrounds and will really work well together sharing information. It may take Penske a little while to figure out the quirks of the blue ovals, but they'll be aided by everyone else having to adjust to the new cars as well. I'm anxious to see how Kurt Busch does in the 78. Its a step up from James Finch, but still not a top tier team. Him finishing 15-20th this season in points will be about par IMO.

The 78 lost a really good driver.

I think Regan Smith is going to be the man in the second tier series next year.

Kurt Busch's tremendous talent is undeniable. But I really find it easy to root against him. In my mind, he has deserved all of the flak and negativity that has come his way. The way he treated Dr. Jerry Punch last year was absolutely indefensible. During the Fall race at Martinsville, he spun out early in the race and it seemed like every last fan in the stands around me stood up and cheered his misfortune. (People did the same when Kyle Busch spun out a few laps later.) Still, tsy, I think he has the talent to finish in the Top 15 this coming season for Furniture Row Racing. He was a factor during much of the last couple of races of the season that he drove in the 78.

As for Regan Smith, I agree that he should be one of the Top 5 drivers in the Nationwide Series this season driving for JR Motorsports. His win at Homestead I think will be a harbinger of success for this coming year for Smith and for JR Motorsports as well.

Who will be driving the #51 for Phoenix Racing this year? AJ Almendinger or someone else? I like James Finch and would like to see some success and a steady sponsor come his way.

I am really excited about the new car. From everything I've heard so far, the racing should be a lot better.

Boogity boogity boogity, let's go racin boys. Junior takes the crown in 2013. Finally gets his stuff together and makes his Daddy proud.

Boogity boogity boogity, let's go racin boys. Junior takes the crown in 2013. Finally gets his stuff together and makes his Daddy proud.

I'm a big Junior fan and have been for a long time. Granted, I pulled for his Dad and my fandom for The Intimidator played a not so small role in my also pulling for Junior. However, my deep appreciation for Junior stems (and has grown) from his being humble, down to earth, and just a genuinely good person. He seemingly gets along with everyone. Few if any other drivers have anything negative to say about him (although it is apparent that many drivers are envious of his popularity -- see Tony Stewart's comments after Junior finally broke the streak at Michigan in June.) Junior is also the only native North Carolinian in the Sprint Cup series right now, which is hard to believe in a sport whose cradle is North Carolina.

Even at the age of 38, I think Junior's future is bright. He seems to finally have some self-confidence and a drive to excel that has been lacking essentially since his Dad died. I do think he is finally comfortable with being himself and who he is as a person, and not just the son of Dale Earnhardt and having to live up to that legacy.

I think Steve Letart has been a very good influence on Junior as well.

For whatever reason, Junior didn't fare well at all in the COT. His comments about the 2013 car, and how much he likes it, are very encouraging for those of us in Junior Nation.

I am hopeful for a very good year for Junior in 2013, with multiple wins. However, even if he never wins again, he is my guy.

I'm a big Junior fan and have been for a long time. Granted, I pulled for his Dad and my fandom for The Intimidator played a not so small role in my also pulling for Junior. However, my deep appreciation for Junior stems (and has grown) from his being humble, down to earth, and just a genuinely good person. He seemingly gets along with everyone. Few if any other drivers have anything negative to say about him (although it is apparent that many drivers are envious of his popularity -- see Tony Stewart's comments after Junior finally broke the streak at Michigan in June.) Junior is also the only native North Carolinian in the Sprint Cup series right now, which is hard to believe in a sport whose cradle is North Carolina.

Even at the age of 38, I think Junior's future is bright. He seems to finally have some self-confidence and a drive to excel that has been lacking essentially since his Dad died. I do think he is finally comfortable with being himself and who he is as a person, and not just the son of Dale Earnhardt and having to live up to that legacy.

I think Steve Letart has been a very good influence on Junior as well.

For whatever reason, Junior didn't fare well at all in the COT. His comments about the 2013 car, and how much he likes it, are very encouraging for those of us in Junior Nation.

I am hopeful for a very good year for Junior in 2013, with multiple wins. However, even if he never wins again, he is my guy.

COT relied less on setup and more on driver. That's why JR didn't do as well there.

Video of Tony Stewart and Austin Dillon testing two RCR Trucks at Eldora. I cant wait to see 36 of them out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back