• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2013 NASCAR Thread - Fights, Stretchers, Wreckers, and Checkers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome... Can't wait to head South 6 weeks from tomorrow for my 11th straight 500!

My first NASCAR was the qualifying races for the 500 last year and had a blast. While not NASCAR, I'm heading to the Rolex 24 at Daytona in a couple of weeks. Should be a lot of fun.

Yesterday during testing at Daytona, Junior hooked Ambrose and set off a 12 car crash. He was attempting to bump draft and it failed miserably. 9 of the 12 had to go home because they destroyed the only Gen 6 car the teams had at the time. There are concerns that some of them won't make next weeks Charlotte test due to not having a car.

Damn. Just heard the news that Landon's looking for a ride after things have fallen through with the #83 team.

I don't think this was expected at all in his camp... Hope he lands on his feet quick.

For those who have followed the series more closely than I have the past couple of years; what are the best remaining partial/full-time cup rides this late in the game?

That's a good question (regarding open Cup rides at this point). I was thinking about this yesterday with I heard that Cassill was leaving BK Racing. However, I was thinking more along the lines of who might fill that BK racing seat, rather than where Cassill might wind up.

Who is currently available and desirable, from an owner/sponsor standpoint? Brian Vickers? Elliott Sadler? (he has a full time Nationwide ride) Trevor Bayne? (also with a full-time Nationwide ride) Regan Smith? (another with a full time Nationwide ride with JR motorsports) Is Allmandinger going to drive full time for James Finch? David Reutimann?

Last edited:
Only 2 days away from the Shootout (or whatever they are calling it this year). Real excited to see how the new car races.

I'm pretty stoked about Speedweeks. Showdown this Saturday, then the NWMT race next week followed by the Duels and the big race weekend. I think the Gen 6 car will live up to all the hype honestly.

19deac92, I'll probably order Rockingham tickets in a few more weeks. Anyone else want to go?

I'm also going to have a few extra Bristol Night Race tickets. If anyone is interested in them, shoot me a PM.

The drains help with standing water, the vacuum "greys" the track quicker. Grey being totally dry so you can race.

The Eldora truck race is either gonna be the greatest thing ever, or a total wreck fest like the K&N Series race at Bowman Gray. I'm leaning toward wreckfest.

The drains help with standing water, the vacuum "greys" the track quicker. Grey being totally dry so you can race.

I can see that for the racing surface, I'm just surprised they're now putting an emphasis on the aprons now.

I'm pretty stoked about Speedweeks. Showdown this Saturday, then the NWMT race next week followed by the Duels and the big race weekend. I think the Gen 6 car will live up to all the hype honestly.

19deac92, I'll probably order Rockingham tickets in a few more weeks. Anyone else want to go?

I'm also going to have a few extra Bristol Night Race tickets. If anyone is interested in them, shoot me a PM.

I got our tickets yesterday to the Virginia 500 at Martinsville on April 7. We are in Section G of the Blue Ridge Tower -- just in front of the finish line -- Row 28, aisle seats. Incredibly pumped!!

Tsy: I'm still up for the Truck Race at Rockingham on April 14. I'll probably bring my younger son along (he is 7) if that is OK.

I believe NASCAR had always had the apron dry before they go back to racing. They just never mentioned it or made it a big deal. Similar to drying pit road.

Since this is my first ever post, I should go all out here.
I am pumped to see Piquet Jr in a Nationwide car this year! I became a fan of his last year. Big redneck here and I pull for Ambrose, Almirola and Piquet Jr...figure that one out!
Tvcigar, are you the guy that did BGS highlights for local news? If that is you I remember you from the spotters stand. You were the only one that stood up for us when the Madhouse tv crew was trying to take over.

Watching the ARCA race in preparation for the "Spring Unlimited" aka the Bud Shootout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back