• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2013 NASCAR Thread - Fights, Stretchers, Wreckers, and Checkers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly tsy...it's pretty uneventful from that wreck in segment 1 until the last 2-3 laps.

Thanks for the tip. I'm currently fast forwarding. A fb friend compared it to an amateur tennis match.

Let me know what you think of those moves by Harv to block on the final lap. There is no worse position at the superspeedways than leading on the final lap, and he pulled it off.

What are everyone's thoughts on the Shootout last night? Harvick's double block was a pretty awesome move. Otherwise, other than the six-car pileup during the first segment, it seemed pretty uneventful to me, like deacdixieboy said.

I was extremely impressed with Brad Keselowski's commentary from the desk. He is an extremely good ambassador for the sport.

What are everyone's thoughts on the Shootout last night? Harvick's double block was a pretty awesome move. Otherwise, other than the six-car pileup during the first segment, it seemed pretty uneventful to me, like deacdixieboy said.

I was extremely impressed with Brad Keselowski's commentary from the desk. He is an extremely good ambassador for the sport.
Pretty much this. Exciting early and late, boring in the middle. Agree Keselowski was good. He is a goofy looking motherfucker, but he was very good.

Used to really dislike Kes but he won me over last year. Knocking off JJ didn't hurt in that regard.

Let me know what you think of those moves by Harv to block on the final lap. There is no worse position at the superspeedways than leading on the final lap, and he pulled it off.

He made the moves that I doubt others would have attempted. With everyone worried about the lack of race ready cars in the shop, I'm guessing they cut him some leeway. If someone tries that in the closing laps of 500, I doubt they'll lift and he gets turned. Great move on his part to have the balls to do it though.

I thought BK did really well in the booth also. He has grown very comfortable on camera in the last couple years.

Well its one race. But oops Gen 6 not that great. Nobody can pass. I really liked the tandem racing. I know nobody else did. But at least you had constant passing and strategy. People could make runs from a 1/4 mile back. Now people can't pass 5 feet back. Just gonna be a big pack all day till someone messes up and wrecks 20 people.

I think it'll be better by the time they return to Daytona in July. The car is so new, the teams haven't had time to tweak it yet.

Get ready for Danicamania. First woman to sit on the pole at Daytona.

Actually, first in NASCAR period.

Last edited:
Yeah it wasn't what I meant, but it was too much fun to change.

NASCAR is just trolling everyone. There is no easier place to give a driver extra speed than the plate tracks. The Stenica mania can now continue

Brought to you from my grassy knoll. No not really, or really? :)

Too early to make any opinions about Gen 6 car. Racing at plate tracks is so crappy anyway. We will see how well the Gen 6 cars race once we get to the 1.5 mile tracks. If they can't pass there...

Shawna Robinson won the pole at Atl in mid-90s in Busch series (now Nationwide). That is/was a NASCAR race. Having said that, I think a top 20 would be a success for Danica. I'm still going to try my best to avoid the whole mania dealing with her this week.

Don't forget the Mods, Late Models and K&N this Tuesday night on Speed. I'm not sure about the track they built but these races will have local guys racing for a little Daytona glory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back