• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2013 NASCAR Thread - Fights, Stretchers, Wreckers, and Checkers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get ready for round two of Richmond penalties. Improper communications were discovered between Legano and Gilliland which helped get Legano in the chase. Its possible Gordon gets in yet.

Get ready for round two of Richmond penalties. Improper communications were discovered between Legano and Gilliland which helped get Legano in the chase. Its possible Gordon gets in yet.

It looks pretty damning. Not MWR damning, but still damning.

If 'Legano' is in Chase, NASCAR has bigger problems than Richmond.

Just messing with you & not making any statement on the impending action/inaction of NASCAR... Joey has more raw talent than anybody I've been around other than one other JGR product who drives pretty damn well (and frequently) with a chip on his shoulder. Either way, I'm confident he'll be a force in the sport for years to come.

It would royally suck for his team and sponsors but getting put out (which I think is highly unlikely) is not doomsday for him long-term.

If Logano got docked say 25 points for this before the Chase seeding, what would that do to the points situation? It wouldn't put Truex back in would it?

NASCAR has opened Pandora's box and now they are going to be dealing with this every week. You have people "letting" people lead laps almost every week. Gordon lost out by one point. Are they going to start judging every lead change to see if it was intentional. When they bump draft they help teammates and hang other manufacturers cars out to dry. Lap down cars race their friends easy and make it hard to pass "enemies". This all started when they allowed the multicar teams. There used to be 43 drivers all out for themselves. Now they all have teammates. There were a few 2 car teams but nothing like today. Then they added this dumb hokey "chase" which now people just race to get in the last ten races. They set up the environment for these things to happen and now they are trying to stop it. They can't. People will just get smarter and not do it over their radios. Teams are probably not going to want cameras in their cars either and will probably start scrambling their frequencies. Just look at Jimmie Johnson. He had a huge lead and gets locked into the chase. Suddenly he starts having engine problems and tire problems. Finished the past few races in the 30's and 40's. Watch Sunday he will be back in front. Why? Because the past few races Chad has been testing exotic suspension set ups and pushing the engines to see what he could get by with. They have been testing because they were already in. JJ has been having bad luck? Yeah right.

Another thing. How many people honestly believe that if Jr had been in Truex's postion that NASCAR would have taken him out and put in somebody else in his place?

Another thing. How many people honestly believe that if Jr had been in Truex's postion that NASCAR would have taken him out and put in somebody else in his place?

Everyone knows that NASCAR covers up cheating for JR. :)

On the other post, would Logano have gotten a wildcard if he got docked 25 points?

Junior ain't need no help gettin in or callin sour grapes cause he's locked in already on TALENT and will win the whole thing unlike JEFFY who has to call sour grapes and beg to get in on NASCAR mercy and penalties and junk not TALENT like Juionr!!!! 88!!!!!!!!!!

Jeff was good in old school racin, which I respect. But he can't hang in this new day and age. I like the old days better but that's a fact. Or else he cares more about selling AARP memberships than GOIN FAST Like JUNIOR who has talent and will WIN the CHASE!!!! 88!!!!!1!1!!!!!

I think I am officially done with the Chase. Bring back racing for the whole season. Brian France has nothing on his Dad or Granddad.

The Chase sucks. It's about like MLB's brainy idea of a one-game wildcard playoff to add two more teams to the post-season. A team could play 162 games with the 2nd WC team finishing 6 or 7 games behind the 1st WC team....then throw an ace pitcher out there and win a one-game playoff and the team that finished 6 games ahead of it is eliminated in one game.

With The Chase, you could have a driver win 8 or 10 of the first 26 races, build a huge points lead, then lose the championship to a guy who had done almost nothing in the first 26 places but hang around 10th place in the point standings.

Is the Chase any more contrived than a postseason tournament in a ball sport?

An NFL team can go 16-0 but lose one game in the playoffs and have nothing to show for it. Why not just give out the trophy to the team with the best record after Week 17?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back