• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2013 Pit Fantasy Baseball League (Year III)

What's wrong w/the waiver/FA order?? It is freezing ALL players until April 6th? It's supposed to only freeze guys that were waived... I also don't see FA budget bids, yet all moves were processed at 3:00 in the morning. Just curious.

Phan, Can we please change the waiver rule to one of the two below:

old way:

all players are free agents unless they are owned. anyone can grab them at any time. if a player is dropped, he goes to waivers for 2 days. at the end of that period, the team with the highest priority that claims them gets them.

new way option 1:

-all players are FAs. nothing changes there.
-if a player gets dropped he goes to waivers. players bid their FAAB budget. at the end of the waiver period the team with the highest bid gets the player at the cost to their budget.

everyone seemed in to the new option. i'm going to stick with it.

This is bullshit. How can you make new rules w/out voting for them weeks prior to the season starting... It's a shame that you have an owner that enjoys this league and has been competitive for last two years, but tit seems like "screw" him this is what I (and a few others) want to do. Just send me back my $20, or not - your call. I have no desire to stay in this format.

I'm fine w/one of the first two options.

dude i brought up the change in like february to no feedback, so left it. then people asked for an explanation 3 days before the draft and seemed fine with the new rule. i'm sorry if you don't agree with it, but the rule isn't changing. suck it up.

found it. roster set? "daily, today" instead of "daily, tomorrow."

i added FAAB. thoughts? willing to change it back, but i generally think it's a good way battle streaming and is great for taking flyers on people ditched.

this post received 0 responses until draft day.

I've never been in a league that makes changes like this - we changed the keeper rule, we changed to FAAB, and now we are freezing every freakin' free agent for 24 hours?? Freeze the dude/s that get waived but allow free agents to be picked up at anytime.

This is bullshit. How can you make new rules w/out voting for them weeks prior to the season starting... It's a shame that you have an owner that enjoys this league and has been competitive for last two years, but tit seems like "screw" him this is what I (and a few others) want to do. Just send me back my $20, or not - your call. I have no desire to stay in this format.

I'm fine w/one of the first two options.

Just plan your roster one day in advance. You know you have to put a claim for tomorrows players today, your players for Wednesday on Tuesday, etc. You have to be strategic because you won't get everyone you want. And the budget is interesting provides strategic depth. It's a good format, helps combat streaming in a h2h league.

And this was talked about before the draft.

Why is it a problem of picking up a player, Billy Butler, right now vs. waiting until April 7th? And, if i forget to put the claim in today then I can't get him until the 9th...

Just plan your roster one day in advance. You know you have to put a claim for tomorrows players today, your players for Wednesday on Tuesday, etc. You have to be strategic because you won't get everyone you want. And the budget is interesting provides strategic depth. It's a good format, helps combat streaming in a h2h league.

And this was talked about before the draft.

I like the budget idea. I just don't like having to think about roster spots days in advance. I know i don't like it because it's new, and i like to stream if my roster sucks, but it just seems like a long ass process for no reason.

You can put in a claim for billy butler now and he'll be on your team at 3am for tomorrows games if you bid the most. You don't have to wait very long.

With your format, whoever gets up earliest just gets to pick over that days starting pitchers. That sucks. Everyone should get an even chance at every player while only checking their team once per day at their convenience.

My chief complaint is the way this was handled. There was no real forum, or vote, and the rule is changed because a few guys were in favor of it. In most leagues that I have played in rule changes need 60 or 70% approval to be passed. I assumed when i paid that the league would be the same as the one i played in for the last 2 years. It's not and that doesn't seem right. It's not a big deal but its a big deal in the sense that I get to suck it up. Send me my cash and you can give my team to whomever you want and you don't have to listen to me bitch

For the record, last year we had to pick up streamers the day before they pitched - not the day of. I didn't hear about the Braves trade until today and lost out on a chance to get Grilli. Fantasy leagues favors the more active as it should be....

dude you have no complaint. i made a post about the rule change and there was no issue. just get used to the rule.

For the record, last year we had to pick up streamers the day before they pitched - not the day of. I didn't hear about the Braves trade until today and lost out on a chance to get Grilli. Fantasy leagues favors the more active as it should be....

so essentially you're upset because you won't KNOW if a waiver request went through for a day? you're still picking a guy up for tomorrow last year, just now you have to bid on them.

Dude, I want transactions to be simple and easy. I'm fine w/the FAAB, but have it impact guys that were recently waived. It should not freeze every player on the Yahoo waiver wire.

You should be able to pick up a "free agent" at any time over the course of the day, week, month, or year. It should be easy to make transactions instead of spending 30 minutes deciding, "Well, if I lose Butler, I'll put a 2 dollars on Utley, and if I lose him I'll go $1 on Hernandez..." .

I shouldn't have to adjust or prioritize every pick-ups (in case I didn't bid enough) I make each and every day. 99% of these dudes have been on waivers for days and weeks yet your system freezes everyone each and every day??

I also feel that it should be put to a vote and any rule change should be passed by a strong majority - not a majority of the 4 guys that chimed in during the 11th hour...

awful complaint. you should have raised these points months ago.

waiting one day doesn't really matter in a 162 game season.

When was this discussed months ago?? First time I saw it was just a few days before the draft.

Back