• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2013 Pit Fantasy Baseball League (Year III)

Thanks for the invite! I'm in and have selected keepers for the moment.... I wish I could share Deacphan's optimism.

Draft Order

I do not believe we detailed how draft order would work but I think I'm going to maker a commish decision and go with the following format.

The first 6 draft slots go to the 6 that did not make the playoffs. The winner of the consolation bracket gets 1st overall (deacfan) and 2nd gets 2nd (deac2010) and so on. This is so that teams that don't make the playoffs don't just auto bench everyone to get the highest draft picks.

This creates our top 6 picks as the following:
1. Deacfan
2. Deac2010
3. Buzz's Stylists
4. Brasky
5. Cellar Dwellars
6. TimDunk

For the next 6, the opposite is used as everyone has a reason to play their best players. This gives the winner and runner up the final 2 picks in the first round. This gives us the following teams drafting 7th-12th.
7. Chief Noc-A-Homas
8. Nonny's Deacs
9. Ninja Ichiro
10. Hebrew Hammer
11. Townies Truck Stick
12. Orioles Magic
I will be using the same method for draft order as I did the previous year. Thus, the following is this year's draft order:

GhostSurfer
DaDeacs
DeacPhan
Bernie
Deac2010
RevDeac06
DeaconCav
Redwing42
DV7
Bronson Pinchot
Stonz
Nonny

I'd be down. Of course, everyone would have to agree for us to do this.

List of people interested in playing for $20:

Deac2010
Nonny

well, we could do
Winner of Consolation Bracket: $10

3rd Place Championship: $30
2nd Place Championship: $50
1st Place Championship: $150

That adds up, right?

I'm not participating unless I can do a $1,300 dinner. #moonzzzzstyle

I will be using the same method for draft order as I did the previous year. Thus, the following is this year's draft order:

GhostSurfer
DaDeacs
DeacPhan
Bernie
Deac2010
RevDeac06
DeaconCav
Redwing42
DV7
Bronson Pinchot
Stonz
Nonny

Snake draft or not? Sorry, I just don't remember.

Also, just to clarify, if a keeper has a cost of "0" that means I can't keep them, correct?

well, we could do
Winner of Consolation Bracket: $10

3rd Place Championship: $30
2nd Place Championship: $50
1st Place Championship: $150

That adds up, right?

I'm fine with 150-50-30-10, but I think coming in 4th place is more impressive than winning the consolation bracket.

oh that's lame. i thought theyw ere just a 1st rounder again. Sorry robbie! at least i have the third pick.

down for money and would prefer more as i'm going to kick some ACE. payouts should be regular season winner and playoff winner, imo.

Fuck all of you trying to take advantage of a guy who knows nothing about baseball and only joined because you needed someone to fill in.

But yeah, I'm in.

oh that's lame. i thought theyw ere just a 1st rounder again. Sorry robbie! at least i have the third pick.

down for money and would prefer more as i'm going to kick some ACE. payouts should be regular season winner and playoff winner, imo.

Someone propose a new breakdown?

Back