• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2014 Atlanta Braves Thread: HOF SMOLTZIE!

Yeah they are going to give BJ at least two years to figure it out. Thats why they are keeping him at #2 in the lineup. For whatever reason, that is the only place he can bat over .200. If he ends the year under .230ish though, he is going to be benched or shipped next year.

Gattis is leading the team in HR, and is batting .296 with a .350 OBP. Leave him alone. Play him more, if anything.

Last edited:
I'm not really sure why Laird plays. Doumit seems to be the better hitter

I'm not really sure why Laird plays. Doumit seems to be the better hitter

Because Doumit is the unequivocal worst defensive catcher in the league. Furthermore, his pitchers give up too many walks because he can't frame a pitch to save his life.

Right now the Barves are the unequivocal worst team in the NL.

Just got ass raped by the PHILLIES. The old man team from Philly. At Turner Field.

Nattiecakes puss out by September, bank on it.

I don't get the Barves. On paper should be a much better club. I understand the pitching might have been overachieving, but the bats are wholly underwhelming.

I blame Freeman, ever since he said he was "unhittable" we have sucked.

I don't get the Barves. On paper should be a much better club. I understand the pitching might have been overachieving, but the bats are wholly underwhelming.

I blame Freeman, ever since he said he was "unhittable" we have sucked.

Yeah. Don't know why he said that in a sport where failing 7 out of 10 times is a good thing.

We really just need to only play the Nats. We'd have the best record in baseball.

Right now the Barves are the unequivocal worst team in the NL.

Just got ass raped by the PHILLIES. The old man team from Philly. At Turner Field.

As a Phillies fan I enjoyed the sweep, but you are so wrong.
I picked Atlanta to win the division in my baseball pool. All the other donks took the Nationals, one of the reasons that I have won the first two months.
I stand by my pick. It's June, dude.

Last edited:
Dang he had been pitching well. Basically puts him in the same situation as last offseason.

As a Phillies fan I enjoyed the sweep, but you are so wrong.
I picked Atlanta to win the division in my baseball pool. All the other donks took the Nationals, one of the reasons that I have won the first two months.
I stand by my pick. It's June, dude.

I'm supposed to be the chicken little of this thread :)

Every time I panic, the Barves sweep the Nattiecakes.

Back