• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2014 Buzzout Ads

klrdeac

Reaction score
We need an ad to run in either the old gold and black or the Winston Salem Journal for week of Jan 6.

You could probably hand out about 10,000 baby blue BuzzOut shirts at the gate.

Meh, I think it's too early for this. Wait until the losses start piling up and then run similar ads in the Greensboro paper during the ACC Tournament, pretty much telling Ron, "A year later, nothing's changed. Enough is enough, Ron."

We'll need to wait for another school's alumni to coordinate this for us.

I may be in the minority, but I still appreciate the Stratts effort to bring some attention to the dismal coaching situation at Wake. At least they took some action that clearly turned some heads. Further, I don't care what school our fans attended as long as they love Wake. The Stratts have been Wake fans all their lives -- their father was a Wake alum.

From the looks of the few articles written about the Deacs recently, I think the media is doing the job the ads began last year. No need to take out an ad right now.

Last edited:
I may be in the minority, but I still appreciate the Stratts effort to bring some attention to the dismal coaching situation at Wake. At least they took some action that clearly turned some heads. Further, I don't care what school our fans attended as long as they love Wake. The Stratts have been Wake fans all their lives -- their father was a Wake alum.

From the looks of the few articles written about the Deacs recently, I think the media is doing the job the ads began last year. No need to take out an ad right now.

I do not think you're in the minority.

Look at the situation from the outside in. Look at the media coverage of the whole thing. Most of what was written always came with the "but they went to NC State no less!" kind of angle.

It made us look like ineffectual clowns. Not that Wellman's head-in-sand (or is it up-ass?) refusal to even acknowledge the disgruntled and pissed off fan base doesn't already do that.

Need some help crossing the street, granny?

Stratts did a fantastic job. I went to Wake and will gladly place the ad if someone provides the funds. Second generation wake grad and two cousins who also went to wake.

Think big. If we push hard we can still get the cover of the gameday program.

Is it bad that I don't even care about these ads anymore? Loved the ones during the ACCT. Didn't really work though. And I guess buzz has pushed me so far I don't even want to make ads to get him canned.

Is it bad that I don't even care about these ads anymore? Loved the ones during the ACCT. Didn't really work though. And I guess buzz has pushed me so far I don't even want to make ads to get him canned.

I made all the damned things & I'm right there with you.

Yeah yeah yeah and all that. You're missing the point. This is about how it appears from the outside. There's no argument the Strattons took initiative and have deep ties to Wake and fully support the program etc. That is not the point. The point is that it becomes, again from the outside looking in, to be a distraction from the issue. To wit:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/22256169/north-carolina-highway-billboard-demands-wake-coach-ad-be-fired

Brian Stratton, the Wake Forest fan/North Carolina State alumnus who was a primary guy rallying to pay the $4,500 for the billboard to go up, explained how it got to this point.

An NC State alum that is a Wake fan? Bzdelic never should have been hired, but why is a State alum paying for a billboard supporting the firing of a bad coach at a rival school?

Brett,
In full disclosure it should be known that Stratton is an NC State grad from the early ’90′s.

Hey, if the Strats want to keep it up, great. I'd just omit the references to being NC State alumni.

Think big. If we push hard we can still get the cover of the gameday program.

I watched as much ESPN Gameday as I could just hoping that just once I'd see someone with a sign off in the background with BzzOut on it. Maybe with a shot of Corso and a caption like "Hey, I sucked as a coach and [Redacted] is even worse!" Or some such.

Lots of toilets.
daily_gifdump_351_21.gif

Reactions: BDL
Back