• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2014 FB Recruiting Thread: Signing Day is this Wednesday!

You're reading into things, olddeacfan. I'm really not seeing it. Just as you're entitled to your positivity, other posters are entitled to cynicism. Everyone here is a Wake Forest fan and everyone here is happy about DaiQuan Lawrence's commitment. As usual, the sunshine brigade puts their own fandom at the center ("Look at ME!!!11!"), calls out other fans as bad fans, and derails threads dedicated to Wake Forest recruiting.

Welcome to Wake, DaiQuan!

We need all the sushine we can get. Is it too much to ask. To keep the criticism away for at least one day?

Always happy to welcome someone who wants to be a Deac.

For those in the know, how effective will be be in our standard scheme that requires all CBs to start each play at least 10 yards off the line of scrimmage?

30 pass break-ups is a put down? Sound like Deon Sanders type numbers.

Had a negative slant to it. Like everything else you post.

No changing u so ignore from now on

Why don't you pipe down olddeac? If you want to hear only glowing reports I suggest you transfer your interest to DeaconSports where everything is rosy -- forceably.

Shit I learned from this thread:

-If you try hard enough to create a schtick for yourself, some idiot will happily oblige your craving for attention.

-The new synonym for "negative" is "critical."

-If you post neg... er, "critical" posts, you are more discriminating and intelligent than all THOSE people who don't. However, it may come at the cost of being a "bad fan."

Why don't you pipe down olddeac? If you want to hear only glowing reports I suggest you transfer your interest to DeaconSports where everything is rosy -- forceably.

Oh this board is only for those who are critical? No way I'm agreeing with criticism on day one

Actually mind your on business

olddeacfan, what did you think of Daiquan's play in the videos I found. They're at post #63.

I think that too. Only 7 takles over the course of a season is very small and to have 30 PD's with only 1 INT seems un real. I know if I got my hands on a ball 30 times, I would have more than one pick. Most likely 30 Takles, 7 PB's and 1 INT. Sounds more reasonable.

The low numbers only mean one thing, opposing teams knew who he was and they didn't throw the ball to his side of the field nor did they run many plays to his side. Definately a good sign that this kid is a baller. I like the pick up.

SCOUT.COM probably reversed the numbers or they were given to them by the school to pump up the kid. Either way, the staff seems to be pleased. If I find any video, I'll post it on the thread.

His Hudl highlights confirm the 30 PBUs.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1528353/highlights/21683428

"A true lockdown corner. 30 passes defended, 2 INT and 4 tackles. Assigned to team's #1 receivers all year. 4.4 laser timed 40."

Billy, thanks for finding this. In the video I found, his technique is really sloppy. In this video, his shoulders are square to the LOS. He tackles with his body, and jams the WR at the line with effectiveness. He looks like a young KJ.

Glad we are getting some solid kids, but I really want to see some DL, RB's, WR, and some more OL very soon.

Glad we are getting some solid kids, but I really want to see some DL, RB's, WR, and some more OL very soon.
The recruits from this class won't help us til '14. In '14 we'll be thin at DB, DL and interior OL. We'll need G's and C's with mobility to lead sweeps and counter plays. The guys we have will just have to play better. As always, we need to keep the QB/RB pipeline flowing.

2 or 3 good rb's are a must in this class as any of them could play next year.

2 or 3 good rb's are a must in this class as any of them could play next year.

I'm just not seeing it.

Martin, Wilhite, Dez Wortham, and Lectro's new boi, Dom Gibson are all on the depth chart.

A converted safety, a true frosh coming off a torn acl, a redshirt frosh who hasn't had much buzz, and then Martin. I'd take two RBs.

So would I, but I don't see them playing next year.
As P4thers11 said, we're stuck with what we have, but going forward we could use a scat back and a thumper. Brandon Powell of Deerfield Beach is visiting with Jaboree next weekend. He is said to want to make his decision soon and enroll in his choice in January. This kid would fit perfectly into what Grobe want to do with the O. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wFVkEena6w

Trace McSorley should be deciding soon and Wake is a very realistic option. He's @TM7_NextGen on Twitter for anybody interested. 6'2" 180, athlete.

I'm just not seeing it.

Martin, Wilhite, Dez Wortham, and Lectro's new boi, Dom Gibson are all on the depth chart.

Both Wilhite and Wortham haven't played since tearing their ACL's and Gibson is great in the secondary and hasn't played rb in years. A good rb coming in would absolutely be given every opportunity to get on the field.

Back