• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2014 FB Recruiting Thread: Signing Day is this Wednesday!

Thought this was interesting:

@KevJr9: @CMM_OnTheRise Hahahahahahaha!!! We got class checkers now! 5 am run if you late! Lmao

Thought this was interesting:

@KevJr9: @CMM_OnTheRise Hahahahahahaha!!! We got class checkers now! 5 am run if you late! Lmao

Nice. I'm not pro or against class checkers, but it is a problem if Claw felt we needed it.

Accountability. Something's hat has been lacking around these waters

All of the sudden this thread is fun to follow. Thanks CORCH.

You'd have to think Wolford would right? With the uncertainties of year one under a new regime and so many things/positions up in the air, why throw a kid out there straight out of high school with just fall practice? Everyone seems willing to write the season off as a Grobelobo failure anyway so preserve that year and Clawson can then have his guy on the field at QB for four years and two recruiting classes under his belt. Or someone else could establish themselves when given the opportunity. Who knows?

Hasn't Clawson indicated he also believes in "aggressive redshirting," or something along those lines?

Pretty much Grobe 2.0

Pretty much Grobe 2.0

If we develope an above average OL, Pat Thompson could florish behind it. Without a good OL, a 4 year starter will struggle (like last year). Why throw a kid to the wolves? Let Wolford sit and learn.

Pretty much Grobe 2.0

Grobe wasn't the only coach who redshirted players. And I'm sure you remember that Grobe abandoned that philosophy last year anyway.

Grobe wasn't the only coach who redshirted players. And I'm sure you remember that Grobe abandoned that philosophy last year anyway.

I'm glad he abandoned it, since he is no longer here. We will need the guys that played this year to contribute a lot. Glad they got a year of PT under their belts.

There may be some advantage there. On the other hand, they played under an old system and won't get 4 years in Claw's system. We may wish they had redshirted come 2017.

There may be some advantage there. On the other hand, they played under an old system and won't get 4 years in Claw's system. We may wish they had redshirted come 2017.

Hopefully by 2017 recruiting is good enough that it won't matter.

Agreed. And that's been my philosophy about redshirting. You play kids with the hopes that it lifts up the program enough that they're replaced by better players. Last year did not lift the program except to the point it forced change.

On the other hand, playing Plack and Barclay as true freshmen led to the Seattle Bowl which preceded our strongest period of recruiting.

I saw that Clawson just started to follow Trace McSorley on Twitter. A few assistant coaches as well also are following McSorley now. Also just realized that the WR that Wake offered a few days ago is McSorely's high school teammate.

Cam Seringue, who was McSorley's top target last year, red-shirted at WF last year.

Nice athleticism. Would love to see a guy like him in the return game. He looks like a playmaker at QB. Just think his throwing motion may have turned off coaches.

I'm sure this has been said before, but I've followed recruiting more since he was hired than I did the last 5 years combined under Grobe.

The question is, will Clawson be able to do something that Grobe was never able to do ... sign a "hat picker"?

Back