• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2014 MLS Thread

Screamindemon3

Reaction score
michael-bradley-postcard.jpg

Last edited:
Charlie Davies has been picked up by the New England Revolution on a permanent basis. Good for CD9

Okoli signed with Seattle today.

Looking forward to the draft next week. I think DC will be taking one of the Cal defenders at #1. There are usually some trades that happen around the draft too, so hopefully there will be something good to talk about then.

Is Okoli similar to Gilberto in that people have not heard of him but he may be really good? I have no idea who that is.

Played at Wake, signed as a HG player. That's the reason it's mentionable here.

Your guys signed Jordan Hamilton who was going to be at Maryland this coming year.

http://www.theprovince.com/sports/better+Toronto+just+makes+worse/9365913/story.html

I did not realize until just now that Vancouver are probably going to lose their best player. That sucks for them, and Canada because there was always talk he was at least thinking of playing for the national team.

What an absolute shit-show that is. Hopefully Queretaro gets sanctioned by FIFA should the Whitecaps contract hold up.

Also, former Cavalier Brian Span went to FC Dallas today in a weighted lottery. He could be a nice pickup for them. 5 or 6 teams put in claims for the lottery.

I say we bring back draft fantasy this year. Maybe do waiver claims every other week or once a month to ease the work load on those running it. Ill volunteer to do the scoring every other week or every third week if a poster or two wants to go in with me on that. Should be a lot of fun with all of the new names that have been added since we played 2 seasons ago

I say we bring back draft fantasy this year. Maybe do waiver claims every other week or once a month to ease the work load on those running it. Ill volunteer to do the scoring every other week or every third week if a poster or two wants to go in with me on that. Should be a lot of fun with all of the new names that have been added since we played 2 seasons ago

I'm out for this season. I'll be out of the country until at least mid August.

Wow, I'm shocked they're reaching an agreement already. Everything previously reported has said it will be a summer announcement. Have to think whoever is getting the rights threw out some big time money for negotiations to be over already. From that article, it sounds like the networks are still unknown to the sources.

Hopefully Fox will throw resources at this in an attempt to create a bridge between MLS, the USMNT, and the FIFA lockdown they have for the next two WC cycles. Their coverage will still suck, though.

Michael Parkhurst is the latest player to join MLS. New England traded his rights to Columbus for their first round pick and allocation money. Good move for him if wants to try to force his way onto the national team roster this summer.

Rumors that Edu might be negotiating a move back as well. He'd almost certainly be on DP money, so Toronto wouldn't receive any compensation.

If Edu is your DP then you are in trouble

There aren't a lot of WC caliber CMs in MLS. He might not be getting time in the Premier League, but he's still a pretty quality player. And at 27, he should be coming into his prime.

Edu isn't even a gold cup B/C team caliber IMO. Hope he lands somewhere and gets PT though. Just keep him away from the NT.

Ha ha, just watched MB4's presser. He spoke for about 30 seconds :)

He'd better be their damn captain.

Given Don Garber's continued snubbing of the Southeast (sorry, FL, you don't count), and my Buffalo roots, Toronto FC just might have become my MLS side. JermaIN

Back