• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2014 MLS Thread

I thought that MLS stopped the Mellberg signing because he would have been a 4th DP for Toronto, but I could be remembering that wrong.

That article has some flaws to it. The author doesn't seem to understand that the primary reason Philly was offering $1.2M was because that's basically what Edu makes now at Stoke, and I imagine if they really wanted him they'd have to match that. He also seems to grossly underrate Edu's quality. I'm not saying he'd be the best in his position in the league, but he'd be right up there. He was a top level MLS player when he left Toronto, and while the league has improved in that time, I feel that Edu has as well.

My bigger issue with all this is that the league has publicly paid (and overpaid at that) for other guys recently, essentially giving close to 8 figure gifts to teams that are already among the most financially healthy. Yet now that a team wants to overpay for a player in the USMNT pool (maybe on the fringe, but still in sight of the team) with their own money, it's not ok?

Camillo has officially been sold. Crazy how fast that happened. I did not even know there was a chance he would leave a week ago.

Sold for $1.5M? Looks like the Whitecaps got screwed. Really hope MLS filed a complaint with FIFA.

I posted this on the US soccer thread, but some potentially incredibly good news for Charlotte soccer:

@davidscott14 local @MLL_Lacrosse owners have bought Charlotte's USL Pro rights, Eagles to PDL. Goal is #MLS in 2020.

Sold for $1.5M? Looks like the Whitecaps got screwed. Really hope MLS filed a complaint with FIFA.

Seriously. For all the complaints the Euro teams make about players getting tapped up, they pale in comparison to this shitshow.

I feel like Neumann was a huge reach by the Revs. Not a fan.

Husky you guys are killing this draft so far. Working the trades well and getting Neumann and Mullins, who I think will fit well with that young core you guys are building.

Weird draft overall though with all the swapping of picks

Husky you guys are killing this draft so far. Working the trades well and getting Neumann and Mullins, who I think will fit well with that young core you guys are building.

Weird draft overall though with all the swapping of picks

Lots of Revs fans agree. I'm not thrilled with where they fit into this team though. It sounds like we picked two college forwards, neither of which are projected to be goal scoring forwards. They both sound like they'll be best as attacking CMs, which happens to be our deepest position. Looks like we gave up both #12 and #19 to move up to #11. I was hoping for Ribeiro or Tshuma with that pick.

I think the first 10 picks were all used by teams other than the ones assigned that pick. Pretty funny.

I do not like this Moreno guy. He is too obsessed with selling jersey's and not nearly enough about getting players that actually make your team and league better.

He's a complete moron. Decent player, horrible commentator/analyst.

What is this "generation adidas" they keep throwing into the pick announcements?

Last edited:
What is this "generation adidas" they keep throwing into to the pick announcements?

MLS signs guaranteed contracts with a certain number of "high talent" college players before the combine. This year it was 7. Those players make substantially more, but don't count toward a team's salary budget. MLS pays the contracts. They lose that GA status once they play a certain number of minutes or sign a new contract.

MLS signs guaranteed contracts with a certain number of "high talent" college players before the combine. This year it was 7. Those players make substantially more, but don't count toward a team's salary budget. MLS pays the contracts. They lose that GA status once they play a certain number of minutes or sign a new contract.

Did not know that, thx.

So the Colorado School of Mines is a real school. With a soccer program. That had a player good enough to be drafted in the Top 10 for the SuperDraft. Got it.

Back