• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2014 MLS Thread

So how many USL or NASL games have you been to supporting Charlotte/Carolina soccer? The Silverbacks actually do draw (no idea what will come of them or their stadium), so you can't honestly say that Atlanta doesn't have a fan base established. We'll see what happens when Queen City gets up and running next year.

And of course there are other reasons that Atlanta has been heavily targeted. All the tv contracts are up in the next year, and having Miami and Atlanta in their back pockets for negotiations is only going to help demand a bigger number in rights fees.

You also can't compare the expansion landscape of today to that of ten years ago when RSL came about. Back then it was completely based around who could provide a check. Now they can be far pickier about who they let in the door.

Many.

Cool, just checking. Usually the people that complain the loudest are the ones that do the least. Should be a good game this weekend down there too. I'll be watching the youtube broadcast. There should be a big WF presence in the game too, Richmond has Collin Martin (and Jalen Robinson, but he's injured), and Charlotte has a bunch of your guys now. Newnam, Ibikunle, and Wells Thompson off the top of my head are with the Eagles this year.

Cronin making $187K guaranteed this year. And to think he had to be talked out of retiring after he got shipped out of Toronto.

Yedlin is so overrated. Just straight up stiff armed an attacker in the box for a penalty. Stupid.

He's also 21. Give him time

Also this Dallas team is impressive. They'd be a lot cooler if they were in Austin.

Their local PBP game is not. He has zero enthusiasm and you can tell he knows the minimum needed to call a soccer match.

Dempsey with a 2nd, though it would be an own goal in any other league.

Actually they do rule it an own goal. Weird, as last year the rule said any attempt on goal that was deflected in counts as a goal not an own goal.

Last edited:
Nice to see Dempsey round into form. I look forward to seeing him starting up top with Bacon this summer.

Back