• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2015 Basketball Coaching Carousel (Bo Ryan to retire in 2016)

Petrino is probably a better coach, but he is definitely one of the worst humans.

Having spent a lot of time in my four years at Wake pretty close to the visiting team's bench, no coach was ever even close to being as verbally abusive to his players than Dave Leitao. He makes Coach K look like Stuart Smalley.

STAY AT HOME IF YOU WANT TO FUCKING SLEEP

This was a fantastic moment in my student section history. I feel like this quote is brought up at least once a weekend whenever I see my old WF roommates.

Verbally abusive yes, but it takes a lot more than that to be a worse person than Petrino.

Petrino is probably a better coach, but he is definitely one of the worst humans.

Agreed. But Leitao is worse for the reason cited by Deacfreak. The only hoops coach in NCAA history who was more abusive was Bobby. And it's not like he has any positive redeeming qualities. And as a coach, his offenses were worse to watch than Dino's, and every inbounds play was an adventure.

This was a fantastic moment in my student section history. I feel like this quote is brought up at least once a weekend whenever I see my old WF roommates.

Verbally abusive yes, but it takes a lot more than that to be a worse person than Petrino.

I tend to be of the opinion that someone verbally abusing subordinates in public probably has some other baggage as well.

Russ Turner to George Mason looks like it's happening. I really didn't want to hire him here last year but seems like a reasonable hire for Mason.

Dave Leitao to Depaul. lol. If I was a Depaul basketball fan I'd probably just quit at this point. What a joke.

Turner has turned George Mason down. Levelle Moton is now the frontrunner.

Remember when we all made ourselves feel better about Turner to Wake by rationalizing that his wife would never leave her high-powered job in NorCal?

UC-Irvine is in SoCal. I think we probably rationalized that she wouldn't give up her drinking buddy, Monica.

George Mason is a long move for a West Coast guy. Moton could kill it in DC recruiting.

Utah Valley names Mark Pope as their new head coach. Wasn't he an assistant here the first year of the Bzaster?

Back