• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2015 Basketball Coaching Carousel (Bo Ryan to retire in 2016)

You said he didn't sell the program which I disagree with. That isn't backtracking--that is giving my honest appraisal of the situation based on what I know about the search. The damage was done long ago. You seem to agree so we're simply disagreeing about whether he could have convinced Shaka to come given the state of the program last year.

Which was..... Wellman's fault.

He cannot escape from blame in all this. He is squarely the reason we are in this shithole as a program right now. He has grossly mismanaged the university's flagship athletic program for 6 years now. How he is still in the job is fucking beyond me. Absolutely no accountability as far as Premier Wellman is concerned.

And you just tried to give him a break before you back tracked. I'm flabbergasted.

As for you bolded. Wow. Such optimism.

aren't you a longhorns fan now?

I'm a bkf and rj junior in the making at the same time! Big shoes to fill!

This is ridiculous. Since Texas's last run to the Final Four, UCLA has been to 3 Final Fours, including one final. They also have two straight runs to the Sweet Sixteen. Texas during that time has one run to the Elite Eight. Texas has a ton of money, for sure, but with that money apparently comes an inflated sense of its own basketball program. It is a good job, for sure, and certainly better than Wake is now, but it is not better than UCLA (except for income taxes). And hoops recruiting, unlike football recruiting, does not revolve around Texas and a few other schools in the state of Texas. Prestige does mean something, in spite of one's date of birth.

I agree generally with your post. UCLA is definitely the better job

But what are you trying to say about recruiting?

UCLA is not better, their resources in the scheme of big ass prominent state schools sucks, California is broke

UCLA is not better, their resources in the scheme of big ass prominent state schools sucks, California is broke

Yeah, if I were to bet on who has the better hoops record over the next decade or so, I'd put my $$ on Tejas in a heartbeat. Shaka will do really good things there, and I just see UCLA struggling a bit. And look at it this way, does anyone think Steve Alford will be at UCLA longer than Shaka is at Tejas?

@GoodmanESPN: Avery Johnson has made a verbal agreement to coach at Alabama, sources told ESPN. Contract details being finalized.

Once Marshall turned them down that's probably a better option than what's out there in the college market. High risk / reward probably.

I'm reserving judgement on Shaka until I find out where he lives here. If he moves out in Lakeway with all the OWGs he's dead to me.

Nobody gives a fuck about Texas here.

I mean, I do. But I also agree with your point. Dv7, you should join shaggy bevo.

For me it is and always will be Wake 1 and Texas 2.

I think manning is going to do well here. The question is whether he will do final 4 well or consistent with before redacted well.

Last edited:
Back