• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2015 FB Recruiting: Mr. South Carolina Matt Colburn signs with #theawakening!

Would it be easier to create a separate recruiting forum, that way everything can be kept over there? I just forsee us having tons of different threads on the sports board for each player we're following.

This is actually a pretty good idea.

I don't know if this has been posted anywhere else, but Clawson is having another football alumni conference call this Friday.

This is actually a pretty good idea.
We've really not had that much interest in recruiting before, but I could see there being enough interest to have a strictly recruiting forum where we keep discussion about all of our recruits for all sports. Sort of like premium on scout, except it'll be FREE :thumbsup:

We've really not had that much interest in recruiting before, but I could see there being enough interest to have a strictly recruiting forum where we keep discussion about all of our recruits for all sports. Sort of like premium on scout, except it'll be FREE :thumbsup:

Will there be a CHAT?!?

I'm not sure we need one. We had threads on commits and some recruits back on the old boards without any clutter issue, and 2015 recruiting won't really pick up until next fall anyway.

I think a recruiting forum is a good idea. Mega threads get unwieldy. If someone just wants to know about a certain player, such a board would help. It could include game updates, tweets, visit info.

Would there be enough traffic to warrant it? Do you think people would go there or be reluctant to leave the sports forum?

I'm not sure we need one. We had threads on commits and some recruits back on the old boards without any clutter issue, and 2015 recruiting won't really pick up until next fall anyway.

This is a new era.

Would there be enough traffic to warrant it? Do you think people would go there or be reluctant to leave the sports forum?

With so many people using tapatalk, that doesn't seem to be an issue.

Meh, I'm not crazy about a recruiting forum. I think megathread for prospect updates plus individual threads for commits is sufficient. If the commit has a lot of interest, their commit thread could include game stats, etc.

That's what I'm afraid of, especially during a "down" point for recruiting right now. If the forum gets cluttered at some point with individual commit threads and updates then that might be the time to create a new forum, but I don't thinkt hat will be necessary. We used to have a running commit game results thread that we could resurrect next season too.

With so many people using tapatalk, that doesn't seem to be an issue.

Exactly.

I'm fine with bmoney's suggestion. The only problem is we've been so good about keeping stuff on megathreads that we don't get individual threads much for things like baseball news, soccer news, NBA news, etc.

Ehh I think tapatalk makes it more of an issue, navigating/seeing updates between sub forums is sort of a pain in the ass.

Just check unread threads. Everything is together.

And I think if a recruit warrants his own thread/discussion then that's fine too. It'll fall off if it's not interesting/relevant enough to draw posts to keep it up at the top.

I'm sure tapatalk users make up a pretty small minority of overall visitors.

Back