• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2015 FB Recruiting: Mr. South Carolina Matt Colburn signs with #theawakening!

kukowt, pull up the numbers please.

In 12/13 we had 257 active users on tapatalk, with a max of about 150 visiting in a day. So considering we have 1100 members, probably only about 700 of those are really active (a conservative estimate), it's definitely not a majority.

Do those 257 people use Tapatalk exclusively? Not sure what your stats mean.

Do those 257 people use Tapatalk exclusively? Not sure what your stats mean.

No it doesn't guarantee exclusivity, but that gives a decent idea of the maximum number of people on the boards that actually use/have logged in with tapatalk.

No it doesn't guarantee exclusivity, but that gives a decent idea of the maximum number of people on the boards that actually use/have logged in with tapatalk.

I really can't imagine following a fast paced thread like recruiting without a Tapatalk subscription.

I'm going to do my best to keep the first post updated, and obviously we can micromanage the thread title as needed... That seems to have worked well for distributing micro-information in a megathread, and obviously we can always start threads for commits or major targets.

Yeah. As a general rule I think we should start a new thread for every new commit like we used to before recruiting start sucking.

So of all these offers Da Claw & co have thrown out, do we know which are high profile guys we have a good shot at?

I really can't imagine following a fast paced thread like recruiting without a Tapatalk subscription.

Meh, I just jump to first unread whenever I need to catch up. Ideally big news will be placed in the thread title, and then when we actually get commitments I think they're spaced out enough that we can both make a post in here and create a thread as well for any big commitments.

Man, I love these Twitter handles.

Okay, I changed the lists in the first post to .png files for your viewing pleasure. I also added rivals & scout ratings, and separated out those recruits that have already soft committed to other schools.

edit: yeah i have no fucking life, but i had some time to kill this afternoon, so HEY WHAT THE HELL

So of all these offers Da Claw & co have thrown out, do we know which are high profile guys we have a good shot at?

The one I feel best about is RB Bryce Love, but that's mostly a hunch. Have a feeling we'll stick around with CB Mark Fields, but again that's based on pretty much nothing. Too early to know anything for sure about where most of these guys are going.

It is like sales prospecting- you need to start to make contacts, identify and follow up leads, nurture relationships and work towards closing deals. It is way too early to guess who will work out as we have seen this past wek nationally- recruiting is full of surprises and change. Our staff got off to such a good start it is easy to forget the reality is that they have only been out there for a few weeks. Given a full year for 2015 we will see how things go- but the future certainly looks bright. Lots of good Karma! We seem to have a staff that knows and believes in what they are doing and can see and sell Wake for what we know it to be.

Not only does it appear we will recruit better, I don't see how we will not develop players light years better than the last half of the Grobe years which is the second part of the equation.

The one I feel best about is RB Bryce Love, but that's mostly a hunch. Have a feeling we'll stick around with CB Mark Fields, but again that's based on pretty much nothing. Too early to know anything for sure about where most of these guys are going.

If we get Bryce Love, it is truly a brand new day for Wake. I don't think we have much of a shot with him, and he is the type of kid that Wake never gets in NC.

Note that this is not necessarily the same as who we've offered; some of these kids, we've just been visiting or whatever and they've happened to tweet about it. At some point, I will add a column to signify whether or not we've offered each player. If you can think of any other field that would be useful, let me know and I'll try to get it added-- I'm keeping spreadsheets for both lists.

RSF,

Great work, and very useful. One column I would find of interest is the high school/city and state where these recruits are located. That way if somebody is close, it might encourage a little show of the colors in the stands next fall. A friend of mine taught at a middle school feeder to Hough HS (Cornelius/Charlotte NC). She taught one of the two guys from Hough mentioned on the other recruiting thread. Thank you.

Do we finally break through and get a consensus four star this year?

I saw a line where some ridiculously high percentage of kids who visited actually signed. That percentage is a number I would actually like to see go down some, for a good reason: target higher ranked kids, who have offers from other good schools. Bring in more, get some, but not as high a percentage. Would like to see the day when Wake's recruiting ranking is based on consensu 3 star and better signees.

I saw a line where some ridiculously high percentage of kids who visited actually signed. That percentage is a number I would actually like to see go down some, for a good reason: target higher ranked kids, who have offers from other good schools. Bring in more, get some, but not as high a percentage. Would like to see the day when Wake's recruiting ranking is based on consensu 3 star and better signees.

Has that been a function of recruiting budgets? (Have we only brought guys we really feel good about because we can only bring so many guys?). I know there are limits in the number of visits a recruit can take, but what are limits on how many a school can host?

Has that been a function of recruiting budgets? (Have we only brought guys we really feel good about because we can only bring so many guys?). I know there are limits in the number of visits a recruit can take, but what are limits on how many a school can host?

I did some research but couldn't find anything on restrictions on the number of recruits a school can host. I suspect the limitations are recruiting budget, as you mentioned, and the limited number of officials a recruit can use. I doubt that a recruit would opt use one of his visits to see Winston-Salem unless he was pretty interested or tempted by a big event like a high profile FB or BB game. It's not like WS is Hawaii or Miami (understatement of the year).

Back