• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2015 FB Recruiting: Mr. South Carolina Matt Colburn signs with #theawakening!

I took Cumby's post a little further and made a scholarship table to see what we had going forward. I worked backwards from the team's official roster and cross-checked it with Signing Day pages from past years and player bios. I came up with the same numbers as he did, though I couldn't quite figure out whether or not Rocco Esposito, Nick Carp, Chase Wilson, Thomas Brown, and Neil Basford are on scholarship (I listed them as walk-ons).

Anyway. I added it into the first post, but it is this RATHER LARGE PICTURE. So sorry for that.

Brown and Basford are on scholarship, the others are not.

Weird. This was expected to be a big class before Clawson was hired.

Very good work RSF. We never really know what walk-ons earn a 'ship after a couple of years. I don't know if Idzik or Garside have 'ships? Ziggy Allen and Summers are unknowns and Vogelsang was in the senior day ceremony last season. Basford had a 'ship from day1. So we can figure that some guys will flunk out, others will transfer or "move on".

Clawson had incredible attrition in his first two seasons at Bowling Green. Roster dropped at one point to 50-60 scholarship players. I would not anticipate us having an issue getting to 85 this year. I would also expect the 2015 recruiting class to be huge.

Interesting info, Vwls.

Alright, fixed the table in the first post. And yeah, no way of knowing if a walk-on was given a scholly later on. That's why I kept the walk-ons on the table at the bottom.

Yeah I assume Claw knows who won't be here in the fall. It's possible they already aren't here and we just don't know about it. Getting under 85 shouldn't be an issue despite what my scholarship research shows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seems kind of weird Wake doesn't announce when a walk-on earns a scholarship. maybe more of a question of the media not asking

Ayron Monroe has an offer.

ayron monroe ‏@ay_ronnyron 16m
Just received a wake forest offer! �������� #demondeacons

Clawson had incredible attrition in his first two seasons at Bowling Green. Roster dropped at one point to 50-60 scholarship players. I would not anticipate us having an issue getting to 85 this year. I would also expect the 2015 recruiting class to be huge.

There is a price to be paid for 4-8. The coaches have paid, now it's the players turn. A while back I posted what Barry Alvarez did when he arrived at Wisconsin. This may be happening here.

Refresh my memory about Alvarez?

Coaches coasted. No doubt some players coasted too. Give them a chance to work hard and see who is left.

Strong offer sheet. From Westminster School. We should be getting some of our football players from the same places we get our students.

The reassuring thing about this kid is how early Gary Patterson of TCU offered him. Patterson knows his DEs

Strong offer sheet. From Westminster School. We should be getting some of our football players from the same places we get our students.

That is an excellent thought. However, many of the good academic schools don't have good football teams, although some do. That is why it was good to see the kid from Bullis School near DC go to Wake. Top notch academic school, with good football.

That is an excellent thought. However, many of the good academic schools don't have good football teams, although some do. That is why it was good to see the kid from Bullis School near DC go to Wake. Top notch academic school, with good football.

I think that's exactly what Ph was referring to...

Yep. Kids like that probably have less culture shock going from HS to Wake.

Back