• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2015 FB Recruiting: Mr. South Carolina Matt Colburn signs with #theawakening!

From VirginiaPreps.com: Cameron Vaughn is a 5'10" 195 RB from Oakton Va who will be attending the July camp. He had 1,122 yds and 15 TDs as a Jr. His teammate is Christian Martey, a 6'1" 220 thumper who runs a 4.5. It isn't reported whether he'll make it to the camp, but these are the type of under the radar, unranked guys that could solve our future backfield problem in one weekend. It's better than waiting and watching some 4* break our hearts and head to chapel hole.

I'm interested in situations like that. There may be some under the radar talents at RB who are simply splitting time in the backfield which hurts their numbers and opportunities for YouTube quality highlight plays.

Latest Scheier tweet makes me think that we lost out on somebody. Can't think of who it could be though.

Latest Scheier tweet makes me think that we lost out on somebody. Can't think of who it could be though.

Just saw that, not a clue who it could be. It doesn't seem like any decision dates are approaching.

Yeah. Looks like it. Twitter hath no fury like Coach Scheier scorned.

This tweet from yesterday is a classic.

Adam Scheier @CoachScheier · Jul 6

Wait? So we get the USA, gr8 tennis every yr 2 celebr8 & the Beatles? Is there a player 2 b named or do the British have the worst GM ever?

It's way too early to put much stock in recruiting team rankings.

It's way too early to put much stock in recruiting team rankings.

It is- and even after it is done the rankings are not absolute. You can however, get a felling for how things are going with kids and how your program is perceived and perhaps, in our case, the energy level. Besides we are fans and we like to be idiots. It is always good to remember these services are in the business to make money and if the gurus were perfect or close to it, Nick Saban would be paying them even bigger bucks than his players to be on his staff-

Sounds like we are pulling out all the stops to get this kid. Guaranteed play as a freshman...which he takes to mean that he would be starting (surely we did not make that commitment!).

Sounds like a bit of a Diva if he needs to play as a freshmen, plus he's 35 lbs lighter than Arcega. In a Rivals piece he says that he wants to get out to Cal before he makes a decision. Boulware is being pursued by the Big Boys. He's planning trips to Florida, Alabama, Auburn, and FSU. He is still considering us, but now we have to survive the gauntlet of these other schools.

Sounds like a bit of a Diva if he needs to play as a freshmen, plus he's 35 lbs lighter than Arcega. In a Rivals piece he says that he wants to get out to Cal before he makes a decision. Boulware is being pursued by the Big Boys. He's planning trips to Florida, Alabama, Auburn, and FSU. He is still considering us, but now we have to survive the gauntlet of these other schools.

If you are talking about today's Rivals article, it says that he wants to commit in August and then take an official visit to Cal AFTER the high school season is over. It's possible that Rivals didn't get their facts correct.

Think the Scheier tweet is about the #1 overall tennis recruit who just won the junior wimbledon and was deciding between Wake and UVA. My assumption is he chose UVA.

If you are talking about today's Rivals article, it says that he wants to commit in August and then take an official visit to Cal AFTER the high school season is over. It's possible that Rivals didn't get their facts correct.

He wants to commit and then take visits? Dump the Diva!!!! Don't bet the ranch on this guy. Keep looking elsewhere.

I just noticed that Rivals and 247 have significantly expanded the offer lists that they have for Lawrence Cager. Both sites now show offers from UNC, Duke, Boston College, Illinois, NC State, Purdue, Syracuse and Virginia. In addition, Rivals is reporting that he added offers from Wisconsin and Arkansas.

In addition to those offers, he plans to camp at Ohio State, Tennessee, Notre Dame, Kentucky, Alabama and Virginia Tech in an effort to get additional offers.

Of the schools that have offered he is saying that Rutgers, UNC and Maryland are standing out to him the most.

So all of that has to be factored into any assessment of Wake's chances with Cager.

I wouldn't worry if no one else committed until the season. If we start 0-4 we might lose some guys, if we go 4-0 they'll be coming to us. Anything in between would be status quo. We shouldn't be promising immediate playing nor should we be telling them that they'll have to sit for a while. A team good enough to start 4-0 and make a bowl will only have openings at CB in '15. A team bad enough to start 0-4, all positions would be open in '15. Somewhere out there is a 2* kid who will get his chance to start as a senior, and we'll get him, like the 2 guys from Oakton.

I thought everyone would like these quotes from Duke-commit CB/ATH Keith Washington (a guy that we were reportedly recruiting hard before he committed):

"I just committed to Duke and that is pretty much the hottest thing in my recruitment right now," he said. "I am looking around and want to take more visits because I feel like I rushed my decision. As of right now I'm committed to Duke, but I'm going to take official visits in the fall to other schools, but Duke will get the first official."

"I'm thinking about taking an official visit to South Florida too," he said. "I'm also going to go to Hawaii because they were the first school to offer me. I haven't decided where I will go with the other two visits yet."

Even after his commitment, Washington said schools are still recruiting him hard and there is a lot of mutual interest.

"Kentucky has been showing a lot of interest lately, Auburn, Missouri and South Florida as well. The LSU coaches also got in touch recently and are showing more interest," Washington said.

Back