• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2015 FB Recruiting: Mr. South Carolina Matt Colburn signs with #theawakening!

Duke had one back in 2005, Vince Oghobaase. He was a DT out of Texas. He didn't make much of a difference.

We were closer than people here want to give Grobe credit with James Wilson out of high school. We finished second or third with some very good players in the early post-OB classes.

Our recruiting definitely picked up after the OB classes. The problem was that alot of our big gets turned out to be busts.

Our recruiting definitely picked up after the OB classes. The problem was that alot of our big gets turned out to be busts.

I look at it from the other side. We failed to develope these guys. We lost some good coaches, built an offense around Riley's talents (play fakes, accurate passing), and used the TEs. We've had good classes recently, but 6'6" 320 lbs OTs aren't made to cut block. Clawson will get kids to fit his system, but we have plenty of 6'3" 220 lbs DEs.

I am pretty unrealistically optimistic about our unranked DT Phil Haynes. I have seen him listed everywhere as a legit 6' 6''-7'' and was getting some love on twitter a week or so ago for being a beast in the post at a basketball tournament. I'll take a raw guy with that height who looked like this more than a year ago:
haynes.png

agreed. i have visions of him throwing bodies around in the paint and terrorizing QBs

Been out of the loop for a month or two so I apologize if this is a stupid question....

Why are some of the players' names on the"offers out to uncommitted players" list highlighted?

I am pretty unrealistically optimistic about our unranked DT Phil Haynes. I have seen him listed everywhere as a legit 6' 6''-7'' and was getting some love on twitter a week or so ago for being a beast in the post at a basketball tournament. I'll take a raw guy with that height who looked like this more than a year ago:
haynes.png

Wow!
I'll join your optimist club.......

With that build, I was thinking the same thing. Can he play basketball any good? We could probably use him as a space eater in the paint when Devin gets in foul trouble.

'Haynes has received interest from Liberty Haynes was ranked as the #21 prospect in the class of 2014 from the state of North Carolina. He is at North Raleigh due in large part to a man who was inspired by the movie “The Blind Side.” A recent assessment of his game states, “Haynes is a strong kid, who looks like he could put his hand down on Sundays. Don’t let it fool you he is very skilled. Touch from 18’ has back to the basket ability and defends/boards at a high level.”

#149 6’6 2015 Phillip Haynes of Raleigh, NC
Haynes is affectionately known as a “man child”. Haynes has a very strong and physical physique which he uses to put his back to the basket and rebound. Haynes has developed his mid range touch, knocking down a few throughout the day. We would like to see Haynes perform within the offense, but there is no denying this kids consistent motor and production.

Been out of the loop for a month or two so I apologize if this is a stupid question....

Why are some of the players' names on the"offers out to uncommitted players" list highlighted?

crickets???....thanks guys I guess I'll just go fuck myself.

They are players that we are speculating are more likely targets. It needs some updating as a handful of players have committed elsewhere.

Fuck you in the ass. That's what every GD college watcher does is pimp their own GD players you dim witted FUCK

We've been doing just fine without you, it seems.

94's reasoned, realistic analysis is just so much better than your overhyped polishing of assorted scraps.

Lectro should have no legitimacy on these boards. If he was even a decent source of information, we wouldn't have a new coaching staff with a bare cupboard.

Lectro should have no legitimacy on these boards. If he was even a decent source of information, we wouldn't have a new coaching staff with a bare cupboard.

This. It was a pain in the ass trying to discern which of his gushing posts needed to be thrown in the junkyard, and which of them were legitimate. In hindsight, it was just about always the former. No salvaging a lot of those scouting reports.

Back