• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2015 Football Coaching Carousel: Southern Miss HC to Tampa Bay

AD says that ECU should be in the position of competing for conference championships each year. Methinks its the AD wanting to hire his own guy. Ruffin is a great guy and loved by the fanbase. I have no idea where they go from here.

[Redacted]

Rich Rodriguez turns down South Carolina's offer.

He joins a growing list of coaches that can't be paid enough to live in Columbia.

AD says that ECU should be in the position of competing for conference championships each year. Methinks its the AD wanting to hire his own guy. Ruffin is a great guy and loved by the fanbase. I have no idea where they go from here.

Talked with some NC State fans today.
They said the AD has State ties and is a cancer. They predict the AD gets fired and Ruffin gets a raise.

Awful hire by SC. Love it. Also love how many people turned them down.

Ahhhh hahahahaha UF gonna be in Atlanta 3 out of the next 5 years guaranteed

That dude couldn't even get the job done at Florida, one of the easiest places to recruit to and coach in the country. Don't think SC had any other choice because it IS in Columbia after all and everyone else said NAH!!!

Fuente, Babers, Richt and Mendenhall vs Smart, Odom and Muschamp. Pendulum swinging.

Dabo's job just got better. He shouldn't lose any instate recruiting battles for a while.

Nevermind that Dabo's Heisman candidate quarterback is from Gainesville, Georgia (less than an hour from Athens, btw) and his last quarterback was from Hampton, Virginia. There's just not enough talent in South Carolina to put two good college football teams on the field. When you take a look at Clemson's roster, you get the impression that there might not even be enough talent in SC for one good college football team. (approx 47% from SC)

With Muschamp headed to USC, I wonder what that means for Jeremy Pruitt. I think Smart would maybe like to keep him on as DC at UGA, but McGarity hates Pruitt. Pruitt could wind up taking Smart's job at Alabama. Not sure who else would be in the mix for DC at UGA, but the talent level is pretty good right now.

Back