• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2015 Oscars Thread

timdunkandthefunk

Rusty Larue
Reaction score
Nominations just came out.

Honestly, the biggest shock for me might be no Lego Movie under Best Animated. Seems like 90% of critics and audiences loved that movie. Also a little surprised that Selma gets nominated for Best Picture but misses out on almost everything else.

Wow, that's the first time Wes Anderson has gotten a nomination for Best Director. Good for him. Crazy that it took this long to even get nominated.

Nominations just came out.

Honestly, the biggest shock for me might be no Lego Movie under Best Animated. Seems like 90% of critics and audiences loved that movie. Also a little surprised that Selma gets nominated for Best Picture but misses out on almost everything else.

I thought Big Hero 6 and How to Train Your Dragon 2 were both better than The Lego Movie.

People love the how to train your dragon movies.

I started Grand Budapest last night, got distracted and will have to finish tonight. Its a cool movie so far, could see watching it several times and noticing stuff throughout.

I went to see Selma last night, it's a great film with an incredible lead performance. It's deserving of all the hype IMO

People who like the Dragon movies...are you the same people that said Despicable Me/DM2 were also great movies? Cause outside of the minions, those movies are kinda boring/kiddish.

I haven't seen The Grand Budapest Hotel, but I have seen Birdman. I would think those two would be frontrunners for Best Picture along with Boyhood, but the Academy never seems to choose movies that have a significant amount of humor in them to win that award.

People who like the Dragon movies...are you the same people that said Despicable Me/DM2 were also great movies? Cause outside of the minions, those movies are kinda boring/kiddish.

Well I went with the kids, so there's that. And HTTYD2 already won the Golden Globe.

Lego Movie was outstanding and absolutely deserved a nomination.

Whiplash was my favorite movie of the year.

I really liked Grand Budapest Hotel. I'm sure I will like Selma as well but the whole blatant mischaracterization of the LBJ/MLK talks and relationship makes me a little sour from an accuracy perspective. The story is already remarkable in and of itself with plenty of institutional hindrances in the way of progress. There didn't need to be any additional fictionalization to further antagonize. That's just my #hotmovietake though.

Why do we have to import Englishmen to play Americans? Do we not have good American actors anymore?

I loved Bottle Rocket and Rushmore but have hated everything he's done since.

Rushmore is the only one I didn't like. Loved everything else. Thought Grand Budapest Hotel was phenominal.

I thought HTTYD2 was far better than the Lego Movie. I was extremely excited by the Lego Movie and extremely disappointed once I saw it.

Back