• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 Panthers Thread: MOVING ON

Status
Not open for further replies.
the interior of the o-line has been very good for years. since drafting cam, the one year we got average play from both tackle spots we went 15-1.

number 1 concern should be mike shula. we are doing almost an entire 180 on offense in a single offseason.

Kelvin "Bojangles" Benjamin weighing in at 243 right now, good news. He lost 30 pounds.

He still practiced but just didn't throw today, right? I feel like he wouldn't be out there if the team was remotely worried about it.

No, sat out end of practice Sunday, team was off yesterday, held out due to soreness today.

if KB weighed at 243 today, there's no way Kelvin weighed 280 lbs at OTAs. so the idiot local radio personalities were full of shit and then national media talked about him being 280 for a week.

The way I read everything was KB weighted 243 when everyone was talking about how overweight he was. Now he's lost weight and is back close to the 230ish playing weight. Did I read everything wrong?

when everyone was talking about how fat he was he was supposed to have weighed 280 lbs. he didn't lose 37 pounds in a month.

when everyone was talking about how fat he was he was supposed to have weighed 280 lbs. he didn't lose 37 pounds in a month.

That was 2-3 months ago. And it's definitely doable for an elite athlete with plenty of resources to lose 37 lbs in that much time.

KB should probably be around 225 ideally.

yeah my bad... it was about 3 months ago. still think it was probably an exaggeration. here's photos from then and now. he's definitely noticeably slimmer, i don't know if its 40 lbs slimmer.

DAsSN9uWsAIiOr7.jpg

963b6ec11ef7e7f56932f0c7db212f14--kelvin-benjamin-cam-newton.jpg

A guy at 6-5 or so can carry 280 lbs and look reasonable athletic. Plenty of DEs do. But at WR needs to be much much smaller.

In that second pic, Cam and KB look the same size. They're both listed at 6-5/245.

Schedule is definitely better than last season, we just have to play better against the division. If we hold serve at home in division games I think we should be able to get to 10 wins and a playoff spot

You know, I think this every other year strategy is brilliant. Have a great season then tank the next season to get the good draft choice and the easy schedule for the following year. Also can negotiate the long term contracts during the down year when the players have less leverage. Much better than trying hard every year and being stuck in mediocrity with crappy draft position and mediocre schedule.

A guy at 6-5 or so can carry 280 lbs and look reasonable athletic. Plenty of DEs do. But at WR needs to be much much smaller.

In that second pic, Cam and KB look the same size. They're both listed at 6-5/245.

Cam looks much more muscular though. He's a freak.

CMC fucked up Luke twice on one play today. He's gonna be very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back