• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 Panthers Thread: MOVING ON

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dammit I think we are going to be very very good this year.

Nobody doubts his ability in open space. The concern is whether we can get him into open space.

shaq can't even stay in the frame

giphy.gif

and here he is juking luke out of his shoes

I just got clue glue everywhere. The only reason he comes back into the frame is because the pass in under thrown.

Last edited:
Nobody doubts his ability in open space. The concern is whether we can get him into open space.

There are going to be one on ones all over the field if we find a way to run with Stewart and CMC in the backfield, Olsen at TE, Samuel in the slot, and Benjamin and Shepard out wide.

Samuel and CMC are going to be torching LBs consistently.

We still haven't seen Samuel in camp so a lot of this is projection but he has to be our best slot receiver in years by default.

Samuel may be our Tyreek Hill. G-Man rightly saw that our offense was slow and stagnant, and he delivered a draft that immediately made us more dynamic. I think opposing defenses will eventually play nickel and dime against us on all downs, which has to make J Stew's mouth water. This will also be a good year to own Cam in fantasy - low cost due to last year, but will have a huge bounce due to improved weaponry around him this year.

When has a Panthers WR been a legit fantasy sleeper?

Dammit I think we are going to be very very good this year.

I'd like to believe that...but

I feel like Luke is one bad helmet hit away from being done for good. That is not a great position to be in with your best defensive player who likes to get stuck in on tackles.

I'm still not convinced our corners can cover anyone consistently. I read Stewart's thoughts on McCaffrey and thought "well yeah, of course it looks like nobody can cover him when our guys are trying to cover him"

It'll take a couple games before I believe all this speed at WR translates to production. We're relying on a lot of youth, a guy in Funchess who has never had that big season, and a fair amount more from Benjamin than we've gotten. McCaffrey can only make up for so much, and he's a rookie.

(in the interest of full disclosure I was just in San Fran for work and going back there always reminds me of being at SB 50 for that hot mess)

I'd like to believe that...but

I feel like Luke is one bad helmet hit away from being done for good. That is not a great position to be in with your best defensive player who likes to get stuck in on tackles.

I'm still not convinced our corners can cover anyone consistently. I read Stewart's thoughts on McCaffrey and thought "well yeah, of course it looks like nobody can cover him when our guys are trying to cover him"

It'll take a couple games before I believe all this speed at WR translates to production. We're relying on a lot of youth, a guy in Funchess who has never had that big season, and a fair amount more from Benjamin than we've gotten. McCaffrey can only make up for so much, and he's a rookie.

(in the interest of full disclosure I was just in San Fran for work and going back there always reminds me of being at SB 50 for that hot mess)

And the whole O-Line thing.

The OL will be better than last year, barring injuries.

Schedule is definitely better than last season, we just have to play better against the division. If we hold serve at home in division games I think we should be able to get to 10 wins and a playoff spot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back