• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017-18 Men's College Basketball Thread (NWT)

So far this season, next to Wake, Wofford is my favorite team

I was wondering how long it would take after the Wofford win for people to start talking themselves into our four losses not being a complete abortion.

I was wondering how long it would take after the Wofford win for people to start talking themselves into our four losses not being a complete abortion.

Only two of our losses were an abortion.

Houston is better than Wake Forest this year.

Georgia Southern was a game we led the entire way and dropped at the end to a decent team that we should beat more often than not at home.

Liberty and Drake were abortions, to be sure.

With the cupcakes behind us, I’m thinking we’re headed for a long, painful beat down.

Think we're more likely to win than get blown out. On Saturday at least

Yo! Bamba from Texas can play!

These are literally the first minutes of college basketball I've seen all season and this dude is amazing on the low block. Not built terribly strong, but very smart.

Shaka has a good'un at Texas in him.

I don't understand the Bill Walton thing. Half the time he makes no sense, 25% of the time he just says things that are flat out wrong, and the rest of the time he goes off on completely random tangents about things that interest him personally outside of basketball. Plus he's good for at least 3 awkward arguments with his play-by-play guy every broadcast.

How does he still announce games? Who likes this?

FSU with the Wake Forest impersonation in the last 2 minutes

Butler somehow manages to remain the same even though they are on their 4th coach in ~5 years. Must be nice.

Butler somehow manages to remain the same even though they are on their 4th coach in ~5 years. Must be nice.

All former Butler players and/or assistants. Saw that this was their 3rd win over a #1 ranked team since 2012.

No more undefeateds left in college basketball with TCU, Villanova, and Arizona State going down yesterday.

Butler shot 15/22 from 3 yesterday, including a pull up 8 seconds into the shot clock from 35 feet. Crazy. They made three 3s in a double OT game against Georgetown earlier this week. For whatever reason, they bring their A+ game against Nova every year.

Butler shot 15/22 from 3 yesterday, including a pull up 8 seconds into the shot clock from 35 feet. Crazy. They made three 3s in a double OT game against Georgetown earlier this week. For whatever reason, they bring their A+ game against Nova every year.

Seeing this reminds me of 'Nova's upset of G'town for the NCAA Championship. Everyone talks about it being one of, if not "the greatest upset" Final Four history. What a load of crap!

They played twice before that season. Although G'town won both, they could have just as easily lost both. The game in Philly went into OT. The game in DC went down to the last minute.

G'town should have been favored, but it wasn't anything close to the level of upset is has historically been portrayed.

Back