• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017-18 Men's College Basketball Thread (NWT)

Duke sucks. NC St lose by 30 & bounce back next game to roll Duke.

And the Wolfpack is about to beat Duke.
Up 11 with 30 seconds left

dukies left the court early again so they didn't get trampled. So hard to be them

Duke's whole offense is clear out and let Bagley drive the lane. Thoroughly unimpressed. No reason we shouldn't beat them at home this year.

so in year 4 DM w no wins over Duke or UNC

Flabbergasting win for State. No clue what to think with this team. Al Freeman either plays his ass off or looks like he’s never played against a D1 team before. Fully expect to get rolled by Clemson next game.

So NCSU has wins against Duke and Arizona, but they cannot beat UNCG? I think Kevin Keats will have them rolling in a year or 2.

On the other hand, I am not a big fan of court storming.

Jordan Murphy, a junior at U of MN, last night tied Tim Duncan's record with 16 straight double-doubles to start the year. His parents are from the Virgin Islands and he grew up in San Antonio. As might be expected, Duncan is his idol. He was a 3 star recruit but had offers from a lot of good programs. He was listed as having interest in Wake as a recruit, but he didn't have an offer.

At least state gets some exciting upset wins against rivals in their dead end seasons, I'll give them that. More than we can say.

One thing is for certain. Boston College has awful post players. Cannot rebound at all.

Can’t wait for the rematch.

One thing is for certain. Boston College has awful post players. Cannot rebound at all.

Can’t wait for the rematch.

Yeah, but they have a couple of guards who can score.

Speaking of guards who can score, I thought Syracuse looked better than I thought they would last night and stayed with UVA for a long time. The trouble with Syracuse is their offense is give it to 1 of the trio of Brissett/Battle/Howard and let that guy go 1 on 1. They're not a team that will have many assists, but that trio is pretty darn good.

They can't shoot the ball at all, which is problematic in a game based around making the ball go into the hoop.

They can't shoot the ball at all, which is problematic in a game based around making the ball go into the hoop.

Robinson sure could score against UVA. And UVA mostly had Hall attempting but failing to guard him.

Yeah, but they have a couple of guards who can score.

Speaking of guards who can score, I thought Syracuse looked better than I thought they would last night and stayed with UVA for a long time. The trouble with Syracuse is their offense is give it to 1 of the trio of Brissett/Battle/Howard and let that guy go 1 on 1. They're not a team that will have many assists, but that trio is pretty darn good.

I find it interesting that Boeheim runs an offense that, by design, doesn't result in many assists, and he admits that's the case.

Holy hell that was an ugly game to watch (UVA/Cuse), minus the last minute push from the Orange.

Back