• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017-18 Men's College Basketball Thread (NWT)

Neither is the ball touching the line on the inbounds pass. And yet...

Those two were pretty blatant....I'm shocked they missed the first one (and they sort of seemed embarrassed as they huddled together and realized that it wasn't able to be reviewed).

Not sure anyone notices (or cares) but with Josh Okogie back and Lammers getting healthier, GT is now 2-1 in ACC play with wins over Miami and ND. @Pitt coming up, and then UVa comes to the Thriller Dome and that could actually be a game that matters for ACC standings.

Okogie is a fucking monster. I don't know where it came from (he wasn't a highly touted recruit) but man, he's just so damn good.

That would have been a beyond embarrassing collapse if DeVoe hadn’t of bailed us out. Love what I’ve seen from Keatts and am excited to see what he can do next year with both PGs having a year of experience and Daniels and Bryce being eligible. Will be the opposite of this season with very new and unproven bigs, but in college I’ll trade talent and experience at the guard spot for bigs every day.

Keatts is a good coach.

Yeah, that is what is so bad for us as it seems we're still searching for a good coach. Just inside NC we've got to deal with K (best coach ever even though I can't stand him), Roy (not a great coach, but gets top talent) and now Keatts at State, not to mention guys like Boehiem at Cuse, Williams at Va. Tech, Bennett at UVa, old man Larrañaga at Miami and Brey at ND. As well as Wellman did with our last 2 football hires, it's looking more and more like he's botched the last 2 basketball hires.

Three. Last three hires.

Three. Last three hires.

I know you like to play the role of the smartest guy in the room:thumbsup: , but the Dino hire is much easier to critique in hindsight, given the circumstances it was made under. Plus, I think Dino is a better coach the Bzzzz or Manning, so I kind of hate to group him with them. The [name redacted] hire made no sense from the start in many people's minds and honestly the Manning hire probably didn't get the questioning it deserved at the time because I think we were so damn happy to be rid of Bzzzz.

I know you like to play the role of the smartest guy in the room:thumbsup: , but the Dino hire is much easier to critique in hindsight, given the circumstances it was made under. Plus, I think Dino is a better coach the Bzzzz or Manning, so I kind of hate to group him with them. The [name redacted] hire made no sense from the start in many people's minds and honestly the Manning hire probably didn't get the questioning it deserved at the time because I think we were so damn happy to be rid of Bzzzz.

I critiqued the Dino hire at the time. And I got a lot of flack for it.

I critiqued the Dino hire at the time. And I got a lot of flack for it.

I'm sure you did Ph, smartest guy in the room, don't ever change.

Seriously, I would love for Manning to succeed. What would be better than having a legendary player leading our program successfully. I mean he's got the kind of name recognition that could come close to competing with K and Roy, but he's got to be a really good coach and 3 1/2 years in, there's no evidence of that being the case.

I road out to the bank and post office and was listening to sports radio and they were singing the praises of Keatts at State. Talking about how good of a coach he is and how he's a really good fit for State. Now, he's in his first season, so it's much too early to tell, but he's impressed so far and that just puts us further behind the 8 ball.

Last edited:
liveanddie, you don't remember "Dino Gotta Go?"

FSU and Syr having a real clang fest. First team to 50 wins?

Three. Last three hires.

What is your critique of Gaudio's results? He went 61-31 at Wake, 27-21 in the ACC, and made the NCAA tourney 2 of his 3 years. He went to the second round of the NCAA tourney the year he was fired. He finished 7th, 2nd, and 5th in the ACC.

What is your critique of Gaudio's results? He went 61-31 at Wake, 27-21 in the ACC, and made the NCAA tourney 2 of his 3 years. He went to the second round of the NCAA tourney the year he was fired. He finished 7th, 2nd, and 5th in the ACC.

Nevertheless, Dino never should've been hired. As a HC, Dino never had a winning season at I believe 3 different programs. At least 2 programs. Worse record than Bzdick, who had a losing record at his most recent job. And an ACC gig isn't the place for a failed coach to reestablish himself as a HC. Yet Dino far outperformed his pedigree. Probably the talent was far above his weight class. But the hire still shouldn't have been made. It doesn't get to performance.

what the hell happened to TAMU? They were top 5 what seemed like only 2 weeks ago. They've been murdered in a lot of their contests since then. Wow what a free fall!

Some of y'all were complaining about the Cuse/UVA game being ugly. That game was infinitely better played than the FSU/Cuse and GT/Pitt games that I was turning back and forth. The FSU game was exciting in that it went to double OT, but FSU went 10:00+ in the 2nd half where they couldn't run their offense. And Pitt is just awful. I mean we should beat them.

Back