• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017-18 Men's College Basketball Thread (NWT)

Well it's been a good day today. Spent four straight hours on couch and watched fucking unc and duke lose. Should make tonight's disaster more palatable.

Well it's been a good day today. Spent four straight hours on couch and watched fucking unc and duke lose. Should make tonight's disaster more palatable.

UNC losing is fun, but for me, I hate State at least as much as UNC, so it's only a wash. But yes, Duke losing is always a treat, especially at Cameron. As for tonight's disaster, I have the remedy - going over to a Tech friend's house to watch the Tech/ND game instead. Less infuriating that way.

First time since 1973 both Duke and UNC lost at home on the same day.

So sad having watched 2 good games today and now waiting for our inevitable road loss and 7 game losing streak. :(

LOSING SUCKZ!

Can someone help me out, little confused here. Does booradley not like Duke or something?

Very good games today--wish we could have one once in awhile--but in this wasted season , games are easier to watch since we know we"re defeated before the opening whistle !!

VT sucked and almost blew a 15 point lead in the last 10:00 of last night's game. I like Buzz's intensity, and he's recruiting well, but they can lose focus on both ends of the floor pretty easily. With Colson and Gibbs out, there is 1 guy left who can hurt you - Gibbs. You may want to guard him better.

We are currently ranked 94 in the Pomeroy ratings. I looked at teams ranked 90-100 at the end of the 2016 season to see where they ended up at the end of the 2017 season.

Boise State: 94
James Madison: 223
Hofstra: 188
Arizona State: 126
Stony Brook: 213
Monmouth: 81
Alabama: 56
Marquette: 32
Oklahoma State: 22
Richmond: 92
Old Dominion: 120

Then I went back another year to do the same thing.

Tennessee: 103
UC Irvine: 84
Colorado: 57
Marquette: 97
South Dakota State: 80
Sam Houston: 213
Wofford: 187
UTEP: 215
NMSU: 111
Florida State: 48
Iona: 104

I suppose that matches what you would think. Major conference teams have the best chance to jump up. Low majors have the best chance to be dismal. Mid majors are in between.

Last edited:
Shelton Mitchell > Crawford by a mile

He's so much more controlled. And an excellent floor leader.

Good one Danny.

This is a pretty mediocre unc team. It was pretty evident they had issues after losing to wofford and snatching victory from the jaws of defeat against us.

This is a pretty mediocre unc team. It was pretty evident they had issues after losing to wofford and snatching victory from the jaws of defeat against us.
And they lose Berry and Pinson after this year. I'm not sure they'll be any better next year. It's gonna be Luke Maye and a bunch of unproven players.

And they lose Berry and Pinson after this year. I'm not sure they'll be any better next year. It's gonna be Luke Maye and a bunch of unproven players.

That’s the corollary to Wake fans hyping up freshmen to take us to the tournament. “Carolina loses everybody and their freshmen are going to suck.”

Yep.

Berry and Johnson scored 59 of UNC's 78 tonight.

I was thinking they’d suck next year, but the incoming class is pretty legit. They’ll be OK... Probably similar to this year.

Back