• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017-18 Men's College Basketball Thread (NWT)

Dookie V just blamed Haas "decommitting" from Wake to Purdue on our "coaching change."

Seriously, Haas actually WANTED to play for [NR]?! :tard:

Dookie V just blamed Haas "decommitting" from Wake to Purdue on our "coaching change."

Seriously, Haas actually WANTED to play for [NR]?! :tard:

The truth - that Rusty forgot to keep recruiting him after he committed - is worse. We have had some miserable coaches since Dino got fired, y'all.

"Rivalry Week" on ESPN. Other than UNC/Duke and State and VA and VA Tech, what other rivalries are going on this week? Certainly not WV/OK State , Kansas/Baylor or Mich St/Purdue. Maybe Wake /Miami & Syracuse?

Buzz Williams is grossly underrated. Also, it’s hard for me to see uva making a deep run in the tournament if you can’t put the ball in the basket on a consistent basis.

Buzz Williams is grossly underrated. Also, it’s hard for me to see uva making a deep run in the tournament if you can’t put the ball in the basket on a consistent basis.

You mean like Duke? Naw, UVA is built for a good run this year.

I really like Tony Bennett; but playing a style that keeps almost every opponent in the game down the stretch is like having to make 5 footers for par on every hole.

UVA isn't going to win anything with that style. Once they get out of ACC play and aren't allowed to get away with all the fouling they'll bow out.

Anointing the next #1 is always dangerous when they have a game to play.

Yeah, UVA really, really struggled to score at the end of last year, too. Only scored 39 and lost by 24 in their second round NCAAT game last year. They're better this year, but definitely still susceptible to long scoring droughts.

Back