• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017-18 Men's College Basketball Thread (NWT)

Feel bad for seniors Colson and Farrell. Never liked Notre Dame, but that is clearly a top-20 team with those 2 guys healthy, and yesterday's loss pretty much seals it for them. They have to make a deep ACC run for them to have any chance.

As I said, I don't like ND. That said, it's good for the conference to represent well, and that team is capable of making a deep tourney run. And Colson and Farrell are both really good, so it's too bad they're going to miss out.

All of that said, boy are they going to suck ass next year without Colson, Farrell and Geben.

Liberty in a battle trying to win their conference. Down 1 with 7 1/2 min left to Redford

Wes Miller tied with 3 mins left. A trip to title game or another trip to NIT?

Wes survives 3 misses by Wofford. Survive & advance.

Just tell me some one is not messing with us. Watching Mich/Purdue and they bring up the Haas last minute bail on Wake. Do approx a min about it. Said Duncan and Paul were on campus during his visit etc.

Is it possible for our fan base to not be tortured during other random games?

So if the B10 flames out it's going to be blamed on 10 -12 days off?

Liberty > Wake :(

Ritchie McKay, a former Bennett assistant, is the coach at Liberty. Heard him talk at an event here once - seems like a nice guy. That said, eff Liberty and go Radford. That's the 1 VA school I root against.

Way to go Highlanders. Many friends of mine went there plus my middle brother years ago. I have officiated in the Dedmon Center many times and it is a very cool arena to be in.[held up by air] Howard Garfinkel held his 5-Star camps there in the 80's and I got the chance to see J.R. Reid & Lloyd Daniel among others that summer. But anyway, Radford now gets the chance to play in the First Four game in Dayton with the winner going up against UVa in Charlotte. But at least they get to go.

lol that kept getting better as the video kept going. It was an egregious travel halfway through it!

Way to go Highlanders. Many friends of mine went there plus my middle brother years ago. I have officiated in the Dedmon Center many times and it is a very cool arena to be in.[held up by air] Howard Garfinkel held his 5-Star camps there in the 80's and I got the chance to see J.R. Reid & Lloyd Daniel among others that summer. But anyway, Radford now gets the chance to play in the First Four game in Dayton with the winner going up against UVa in Charlotte. But at least they get to go.

WTF?

To state the obvious, the field for the tourney has not been set. Radford may not (likely won't) be a #16 seed. There are at least 8 conferences worse than the Big South, and there could be (likely will be) other schools that play in the two 16 seed "first four" games (two 16 seeds don't play in the first 4). Last year's Big South Champ, Winthrop, was seeded #13. The Big South Champ has not played in the First Four in 6 years. Just another stupid-ass declarative statement (which I shouldn't care about, but someone reads it and then start stating it like a fact, and there you go... fake news).

Last edited:
Back