• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017-18 Men's College Basketball Thread (NWT)

I feel the same way about Louisville... When they are playing well, they are as good as most anyone. The silver lining (for them) is that the underperformance has made their decision to move on from Padgett pretty easy. There won't be a bunch of Louisville fans pining for Padgett to be retained.

Agreed. Just for appearances, they need to move on from everything Pitino related. And with the team under performing this badly, it makes that decision way easier.

Who will replace Stallings at Pitt? The current AD, Heather Lyke just came from Eastern Michigan and obviously did not hire Stallings. Stallings had a disastrous
year and there looks to be nothing in the pipeline. Would they take a chance on bringing Sean Miller back home if he gets cleared at Zona but they want to part ways? Would Dan Hurley even want to leave a better job at Rhode Island to come & try to restore Pitt to even mediocrity in the tough ACC or will he wait for something better? Thoughts? Ole Miss is looking as we know.

Last edited:
The crowd seems to be pretty good and really into the game, more so than a 1st or 2nd round ACCT game in G'boro.

Yeah, I didn't really see this. There weren't anyone at these games, which is to be expected.

Yeah, I didn't really see this. There weren't anyone at these games, which is to be expected.

Not that this is any different from last year in Brooklyn for the ACC.

There were 5K maybe at the VTech game

Makes more sense to hold a long tournament closer to more teams. But I’m sure the conference brass love their posh NYC vacations.

Purdue vs. Rutgers tied at 62 with 7+ minutes remaining. Rutgers has their biggest home court crowd of the season. MSG is starting to rock.

Edit. Purdue prevails 82-75. Rutgers effort and energy was impressive.

Last edited:
Anyone see the end of VT-Miami? Jamie Luckie screws VT with a phantom foul call. Instead of VT ball with the score tied and a probable OT in view, Luckie gives Miami free throws. Of course, that balances out the lack of a foul call against VT which probably cost Dook a win in Blacksburg. Still, Jamie Luckie blew this one big time.

Syracuse has never won game in the ACCT. I’d put their chances at 50/50 :tard:

HowTF is Louisville only 9-8 and 19-11 overall? They played UVA tough here and are 1 of the few teams who have executed their offense very well against UVA's packline. And I've seen them play other really good games this year, including handling VT in Blacksburg last week. I've seen the top 10 or so ACC teams play at least a few times each, and to me Louisville is easily at least the 3rd best team after UVA and Duke. They're a much better defensive team than UNC, and they have a much better offense than Clemson or Miami. I mean, they'll still make the tourney, and as an 8-9 seed could easily upset a #1 in round 2. But this is clearly the biggest bunch of underachievers in the conference. And to have 2 mindnumbingly stupid plays in the last 4 seconds of a game you had won is just amazing.

You put way to much stock into how a team does in a one game sample against UVA. UL hasn’t impressed me all year and doesn’t deserve to make the NCAA tourney unless they make a run in the ACCs. Look poorly coached and lack skill from what I’ve seen.

Is Theo Pinson good at all? Dude looks like Jackie Manuel every time I watch him.

Duke's zone guards the 3 and the basket and they just allow you to shoot jumpers inside the arc. I guess that works.

Back